Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving pages just in case computer Crash

Hi,
    I'm working on my website and tried to save the pages on a CD & Memory stick just in case my computer crash as a back-up. I save the pages and tried to call them on another computer that Blue voda web builder is install on an it would not work. Now, my question it how can I save my pages that I'm working on before it is published on a CD or Memory stick and work on another computer.

Thahks for your help,
    Fran

Re: Saving pages just in case computer Crash

rather simple, you have a bvp file in your blue voda folder once the page is saved. you also have all the images or media in the blue voda folder on your harddrive. save these files on your memory stick and transfer them to the blue voda folder on your second computor. also transfer any images or media you may have onto your blue voda folder on the second computor. Now understand that any changes you make to the pages on the 2nd computor, you will have to up date these to your first computor.
    have fun.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks mrmagoo144,
      All I wanted to do is to be able to save it somewhere so that I will not have to build the pages all over again, if my computer decided to act up.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by fconaway View Post
        Thanks mrmagoo144,
        All I wanted to do is to be able to save it somewhere so that I will not have to build the pages all over again, if my computer decided to act up.

Thanks again
        I can highly recommend 'Carbonite' saves without you doing ANYTHING... and no matter how or when your pc crashes, everything on it can be reinstalled on a fixed or new pc.

Do a search for it on Google.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

As just mentioned Carbonite is great--I have a 3 year subscription to it-its also great for putting your pc back in order after a crash or even a reformat.
          As far as just saving the pages what I've always done was create a folder somewhere on my hard drive and ftp everything to it from the site and save it to a zip disc or whatever media you care to use. If you want to save it before it is even uploaded the process is basically the same-make a folder and name it after your site and keep your files there and all you have to do is get a copy of the folder saved to whatever you are saving it to. Tip: I realize that you must use ascii for text files and binary for your images but its really easy to config your ftp to run on auto to make downloads from posted files easier but remember that before you use auto must config your client first.

Comment

Working...
          X