published but domain not transferred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published but domain not transferred

Hi guys, is it possible to review my pages that I've published to bv but I haven't got the domain transfer yet. I can look at them but I want some real feedback.
    Thx
    I have a really amateur one: www.louisemack.com
    and a slightly better one, www.rmackintosh.com
    but I'd like a review of my new one: www.caligaristudio.com

Re: published but domain not transferred

Hi, it's unusual to see a website with black background but it works well with yellow (not so sure about the blue links though).

Here are the things I found in a brief look through a couple of your pages:

At the top of every page there is a white ">" suggesting something is not working.

The photos take quite a while to load using dialup.

There is no explanation or blurb to explain why this site is here.

There is a bit of text but it ends prematurely i.e. "Caligari's work is flawless. Their knowled"

So at the moment if I stumbled across your website, I might assume it is about or advertising a special effects studio called Caligari and that you are showing some of their work.
    But with slow loading pictures and no other explanations or text to make it interesting, I would wander off and never return. (unless I was a spammer who would chuckle with glee because you have told me what your email address is on every page).

I viewed your page with Firefox just in case you get a different view from mine.

Hope this helps
    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi Lmack

I've had a quick look at your special effects/makeup site.

The effects and makeup looks amazing. The site is easy to navigate and easy on the eyes.

The only things which I would suggest would be:

1. Some info on your first page, just to give people a bit of background on yourself.
      2. Maybe some information, like how long the makeup/special effects took to apply, and where they were used ? I think viewers would find this interesting. (I know I would)
      3. You need to name your page titles. Currently they are all named as Index when you click on each page.

Overall, it looks really good & very interesting. Just needs a bit more tweaking. Well done.

Oh yeah, one other thing, your pages are not centred properly. The middle box in yellow moves to a different location on each page.
      www.psnutrition.co.uk
      Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Originally posted by Lmack View Post
        Hi guys, is it possible to review my pages that I've published to bv but I haven't got the domain transfer yet. I can look at them but I want some real feedback.
        Thx
        I have a really amateur one: www.louisemack.com
        and a slightly better one, www.rmackintosh.com
        but I'd like a review of my new one: www.caligaristudio.com
        Hi ,

Visually I actually liked the first site, they second one was clean but not striking to me and the last one was very good but wow, was that a cadaver? Amazing sculpturing! :)

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll make the changes to make sure everything is centred properly.
          The site is meant as a gallery for clients looking to see photos of our work, not really intended for the general public. The details we the public would like to see aren't necessary or interesting to my clients.
          I wondered what the little arrow is for!?! I'll have to double check.
          I don't know how to make the pages come up under the right names.

Comment

Go into page properties(right click empty part of the page) and look for and change the "Title"
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks to all, I'm almost done tweaking.

Comment

Working...
              X