PDA

View Full Version : My site!!

Robert
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
www.GraphXntrix.com

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated....I would like to make this site better as soon as possible.. :D

Robert
06-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I am still having problems with forms any advice would be great...also every now and then I am seeing my layout get a little out of hand...could someone give some feedback about my site or an area to focus on...you guys are the greatest!

And great jobs on all the sites posted so far..i am impressed!!!

VodaHost
06-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Very nice.

Steven.H
07-07-2005, 07:38 AM
I like your website a lot. I also like what your website is doing, helping others.

A issue I have with your website is that its too much material in too small of a space. You need to try to break it down into more menus or possibly sort the graphics/text space more appropriately. It looks good and everything, its just your eyes tend to wander and not focus on one given thing.

Jet
07-12-2005, 10:55 PM
It looks really good, I like all the colors you used.

Jet

Maddog
07-13-2005, 06:11 AM
cool site Rob

Robert
08-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I've been away from the site for a while now but recent additions and changes made to the site have me excited. I am finally happy that it is turning out the way i was hoping it would. now it needs a crowd!!!
:)

Robert
09-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I finally got it up and running , still a few missing pages to do, EVERYONE check it out! There is a problem installing the bulletin right now, but soon have one up and running. im nervous. is it a good site? let me know

Maddog
09-03-2005, 11:36 AM
I finally got it up and running , still a few missing pages to do, EVERYONE check it out! There is a problem installing the bulletin right now, but soon have one up and running. im nervous. is it a good site? let me know

displaying your site is like 1st night, gallery opening of you work!

I lile very much, good very good, easy to move around,

Great work Robert!

farmboyzim
09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi Robert, I don't know if it's just me or not, but when I click your link, I get a parent directory page listing. Anybody else see this? Could it be something to do with your index.bvp file? Thought I'd let you know!
Sincerely, Farmboyzim
www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com (http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com)

Robert
09-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Hi Robert, I don't know if it's just me or not, but when I click your link, I get a parent directory page listing. Anybody else see this? Could it be something to do with your index.bvp file? Thought I'd let you know!
Sincerely, Farmboyzim
www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com (http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com)

I havent seen that but... it should be fixed now..
my navigation bar on the left-HOME's link target was set to _parent
LOL and my link to Bulletin Board set to _self..

dear goodness thats like a cheekun widits 'ed cud'off mon!

Thanks for the heads up!

Robert
09-12-2006, 05:40 AM
My site has been completely reworked and simplified.... My main focus is to have a simple and direct portal site offering personalized web design services and consulting. I had many pages ready for final publishing to complete the site, but I had to rework them all to incorporate a new marketing strategy which i feel will be very exciting for a very long time. Please feel free to check out the site every now and then... you just might see a very intriguing development.

Feel free to share your feedback and please ask any question that may be on your mind, I'll be happy to answer.

Thx!

bill2006
09-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Very nice.

narobe
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM
nice site, on your menu buttons when you hover over then you get the page url, if you put some text in the alternate text box it would look better.

Robert
10-29-2006, 02:44 AM
I never properly thanked you narobe, and bill2006 for your comments and feedback. Just to let ya know, I changed the alt tags on my menus as well as the style. I have been working on this site for over a year now(off and on) mainly by myself. Ive had to take on many responsibilities recently due to events concerning my parents' health so it's hard for me to bring my ideas and concept for my site into focus like it should. I also have many, many, important pages which need to be constructed too. Anyways, I am confident that what is up now is the overall layout to the main part of my site. All I need now is to research just a little more to decide on the final added components that will ultimately fuel its growth. Well, besides Vodahost, BlueVoda, and all of us here!

I would love to hear from everyone and I encourage you to speak your mind. It helps me to truly grow as a web designer.

Robert
www.GraphXntrix.com
Your Visual Revolution Solution

chaps
10-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Looks good however nothing ever downloaded in the box on the home page - maybe just slow.

naghosthunter
10-29-2006, 05:43 AM
very nice site like the pro template dang shame they are pricey at least for my wallet. 160-200 dollars is way outta my way.

Robert
10-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Looks good however nothing ever downloaded in the box on the home page - maybe just slow.

No, it's not slow. There is no url set to this I-FRAME, so it will simply remain blank....and a bothersome eysore. EEEP!

It's fixed now. I just gave it a blank html page with a black background to look at while it waits for instructions, Muahahahaha!

Robert
10-31-2006, 08:26 AM
very nice site like the pro template dang shame they are pricey at least for my wallet. 160-200 dollars is way outta my way.

Thanks for taking a look, but what "pro template" are you referring too?
LOL, I'm a little confused. And really curious to know, too.

Reply back when you get a chance.

Robert
11-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi Everyone!!

I am working on too many things right now, so my site is barely moving forward. This is ok, because I don't want rush into anything.
My site will mainly be used for my services as a graphic and web designer while developing creative ways to promote, well EVERYTHING.
I can also accept requests for consulting services.
Even though the site is still in development, anyone can register as a member here:

http://www.graphxntrix.com/signup.html

I'm still working out a few scenarios that would help me decide on how best to make a free profile page to ALL registered members

Bethers
11-22-2006, 04:01 AM
So, all I was supposed to get was the black center screen? Nothing ever did appear there.

Personally, your page and iframe are why people don't get Google rankings - it's got no optimization or text for the se's - or for your visitors to see. And in today's web market - web designers can't leave out optimization - as a pretty design won't cut it on line without the mix.

I think - even if you want to move slow - you need to get text and optimization started so you have search engines helping you before another year passes.

Just a suggestion.

naghosthunter
11-22-2006, 04:07 AM
lol when i said pro i meant flash like this type http://www.templatehelp.com/aff/preview.php?aff=affilisys1&skin=22&locale=en&currency=0&pr=yes&src=yes&nt=yes&help=yes&sample=yes&faq=yes&nmg=yes&auth=yes&down=yes&chm=&hide_flash=0&search=&PHPSESSID=ff04dcf8bda1806c5318732d14c63345&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vodahosttemplates.com%2Fs earch.html&i=12229

Robert
11-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Absolutely Bethers, I agree. However, the search engines is not where I want my pages to be at the moment.

If I was to fully explain in text in this post, how prepared would I be if this post hit a top rank in results the big dogs look for. I'll wait.

Great things come to those who wait.
=)

davidundalicia
11-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Robert, I tried to send you an email via your contact form, but the
email field was not long enough....increase the number of allowed characters.
The other item was that blank fields can be sent from your form.......

philipc9635
11-23-2006, 03:23 AM
Hey Rob

I believe your site is still under construction, is that correct???

It looks good, once you've added great content for your customers I'm sure it will do well!!!!

I believe Flash is good but great content gets traffic!!!!

Robert
11-23-2006, 04:17 AM
You are correct. I am curious beyond my means to something...

Alot of people have been mentioning, or rather, make comments about flash when commenting on my site...I do not use any flash on my site, nor do I have any. If you have seen any flash elements on my site, please let me know where, because I am unaware.

I am happy you like it. Things are starting to catch up, and I am beginning to feel under pressure. My responsibilities at home take up sooo much of attention that it's difficult for me to go into BUILD mode. All the things I am responsible for have me up and down all day.

naghosthunter
11-23-2006, 04:21 AM
hmmm thought it may have been flash due to the graphic like the buttons and all, thats what most people think when they see that.

Robert
11-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Oh! nah, those aren't flash. Those are my affiliate banners for those products or services which are simply html code provided to me.

The easiest way for me to tell at first glance what something on a page might be, right-click it...when a little rectangle pops with options for "Settings..." and "About _______Flash Player" then I know its flash.

*the "_______" I typed that there because there are still web pages out there that say Macromedia Flash which was before Adobe took over.

Robert
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM
hmmm thought it may have been flash due to the graphic like the buttons and all, thats what most people think when they see that.

Just a correction on my part...you were referring to the navagation bar with the rollover effects. These were simply made in BlueVoda. All I had to do was to add 2 images to BlueVoda's navbar folder:

one for the normal state
one for the rollover state

Vasili
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
It took me longer than usual to find "site entry" via the Portal ... that might be something to solve: find a way to clarify that Entry without making it "hokey" or detracting from your overall concept.
* Remember the limitations of using a Portal with regard to SEO as tags, KW, and Content are lopsided. (the good thing about BV portals is that all text laid in counts)

I have long been fascinated with the use of blogs and carts as site foundations (other than their intended use), and am glad you have seen fit to take a stab at it too. Part of my fascination is how the SE's regard the dynamics and how content is skewed slightly for a different approach to ranking both relevancy and hard-link visits....the fact these sites are written in fluid code also hints that you might need to brush up on it to go in and "harden it" along the Perfect Page methodologies (there are very reputable services that charge a pretty penny to clean up cart and template code for SEO). This would assist in taking some of the pressure to develop depth of content, and throw the focus back on the "perfection" application......the mother of all metrics!

I'll pop in in a couple of weeks to see how you've tinkered things up!
Great splash!

wiggytuftuk
12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi Robert,
The Site is coming along just dandy,looks good.Will watch with interest.
regards

Robert
12-13-2006, 12:18 AM
It took me longer than usual to find "site entry" via the Portal ... that might be something to solve: find a way to clarify that Entry without making it "hokey" or detracting from your overall concept.
* Remember the limitations of using a Portal with regard to SEO as tags, KW, and Content are lopsided. (the good thing about BV portals is that all text laid in counts)

I have long been fascinated with the use of blogs and carts as site foundations (other than their intended use), and am glad you have seen fit to take a stab at it too. Part of my fascination is how the SE's regard the dynamics and how content is skewed slightly for a different approach to ranking both relevancy and hard-link visits....the fact these sites are written in fluid code also hints that you might need to brush up on it to go in and "harden it" along the Perfect Page methodologies (there are very reputable services that charge a pretty penny to clean up cart and template code for SEO). This would assist in taking some of the pressure to develop depth of content, and throw the focus back on the "perfection" application......the mother of all metrics!

I'll pop in in a couple of weeks to see how you've tinkered things up!
Great splash!

Thank you for your great feedback Vasili. I have always been aware of these issues and I have planned accordingly.

Just to make this ABSOLUTELY clear to everyone, my site is at the bare minimum of content and such because the structure I am trying to create is of my own design. First and foremost, I am a Graphic Designer.

ooo gotta jet, I'll finish in a few minutes.

Robert
12-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Sorry about that, family matter, very important.

As I was saying, being a graphic designer, I have no problems with tasks involving the creation, manipulation, and layout of images. I chose to study graphic design and how it is applied in Advertising and Marketing. As sort of a side interest, I started learning about various developer's programs and communities. At one point, the patterns and structure of various parts of the web seemed to "click".

And Vasili, I will say that you do an extraordinary job of handling information intuitively. Yes, the design I have been working on( I will forever be elusive to it's structure until completion) requires me to do alot of research and communicating. Because I have only moderate experience with integrating code, design, and content for use on the web(and it's technologies), I contstantly have to research ALOT not only to find the information I need to accomplish certain tasks, but sometimes find it difficult to find it. So with that said, I have setup my site will very little attention being drawn by the engines because of all the minor additions and changes that are made to it and will appear as a portal, but will eventually be........

My lips are sealed.

Thanks again Vasili. Oh, and thanks wiggy! I am happy to hear that.

Just a quick note:

Special Thanks goes out to NavalDesign for helping me to customize a script which I thought was never going to get finished.

Thank you for providing your time, effort, and knowledge to the forums.

Vasili
12-13-2006, 05:14 AM
< Owned ProMedia Unlimited and ImTech (Imagination Technologies) in the 80's. Went from $2300 initial investment to more than $140,000 gross revenue in the first year, and got written up in AdWeek. Know graphics, ads, marketing, etc. pretty well. I suppose. "Used" Stuart Minton to develop the very first block buys and regional programming of cable back when it was only 4 "channels", amongst other things...>