Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love your feedback.

Hi

I am creating my very first website www.hypnosisbrisbane.com and would really appreciate some feedback on either technical issues or design opinions. Also I have one specific question - changed the page height in properties, but still have spare space under my last element - can I make it so the viewer cannot scroll down past the last element? Thanks, Meg

Re: Would love your feedback.

Originally posted by Meg01 View Post
    Hi

I am creating my very first website www.hypnosisbrisbane.com and would really appreciate some feedback on either technical issues or design opinions. Also I have one specific question - changed the page height in properties, but still have spare space under my last element - can I make it so the viewer cannot scroll down past the last element? Thanks, Meg
    I am totally amazed if this really is your FIRST website. Very nicely laid out indeed.Nice use of colours.

You should however, have started your website as far over to the left of the builder as you can. Then from there build your site to no more than 1000 wide.

Ok, your page height issue...

You actually have something making the site go further not just below but to the side of your website too. I have a massive sidewards scroll to empty space. You need to find out what is doing this. Could be a text box you had there and then didn't use?

Open your page in BV and hit 'ctrl' and 'A' at the same time. This will highlight everything on the page and you should then see what is causing both height and width issues.

Happy for you to email me the home page file if you can't work it out yourself and I'll sort it for you.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I endorse Marinky's comments......................

one thing though: your "contact us" form allows blank emails to be sent..........

btw: Are you Screen colours?¿ If so you have produced a very agreeable site.......if not then you have spent your money wisely....................lol

Web Design by Screen Colours

2008 © Screen Colours
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank-you Ramsey and David for your feedback and encouragement - much appreciated - has been a very steep learning curve, so lovely to have your positive comments.

Ramsey, thank-you for your advice re getting page into right position/size - have done this so hope it is okay now.

David, thank-you for your comment re the contact page ... I'm off to watch some more tutorials as I don't know how to fix yet, but agree it should be fixed. (And yes, I will be Screen Colours ... just as soon as I can work out how to add on extra domains!!)

Thanks again, Meg

Comment

You're welcome. I see the pages are looking much better now that they fit the screen.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Meg

Nice site. Good colour scheme, very easy to navigate & nice simple layout. Well done, good job.
            www.psnutrition.co.uk
            Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Rangaz007, thank you for taking the time to look and thanks for your comments.

David, I had to have a huge laugh at myself - went looking for some very complex solution to fixing the contact form ... how many times had I opened the "properties" dialogue box without even noticing the validation tab?!? ... the first website is like a big jigsaw puzzle ... my next one is going to be sooooo much faster to make! Thanks again.

Meg

Comment

Hi Meg,
                Love your site, colours, graphics, navigation and wonderfully edited (and readable) copy. They are the things that interest me the most, but of course then comes the tweaking for seo etc. The only suggestion I could make is in your titles, some one (jkadin I think) helped me heaps. Each of your pages has 'Hypnosis for health and happiness' in the title. I am not experienced enough at the organic search stuff that the engines do to make suggestions but I think you could possibly do some tweaking with your titles. I used the meta tags analyzer to help. There is a link to it in David's signature
                Sandra

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, Sandra - good advice re the titles - I will have a look through other forum threads because I'm sure I've seen quite a few comments on this topic. Not as much fun as making pretty pages, but I know it has to be done! Thanks again, Meg

Comment

Working...
                  X