Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit a .swf flash file?

Hello Guys,

I have an existing .swf flash file as a flash intro to my website. I want to edit the end part of it when the clip finishes and where it triggers the home page to be opened into a new window, the home page that is linked to that website was my sample website page, not the actual one.

It triggers a page called first.html which was in the same directory as the flash. but i have deleted that page as it was a sample one. and now when the intro ends.. it just asks for the file path with the first.html

Can i change that and give it a link to my website's home page i.e. www.opalinefashion.com/index.html ?

I want it to be linked to the intro part of my exisiting home page which is different than the sample one.

I have used Adobe Flash Cs3 to edit it but there was no use.

Please advise the best way to go about it and help me put the flash intro on the first page of the website.

I will be be thankful.

Cheers

Re: How to edit a .swf flash file?

i have the same problem just cant find the right software to edit this and i tryed much of it except adobe flash cs3 had the cd but i cant use it it needs 1024ram and i have 512 i got older versions of adobe but cant find adobe flash 2 :( if anyone know an good software please help.

Comment

Re: How to edit a .swf flash file?

You can't actually edit a .SWF file as it is the published version of a .FLA file, if you have the fla file which can be opened in flash mx, 8 and cs3 then you need to edit the action script for the redirect. this can usually be found at the end off the time line on one of the layers. indicated by a small "a" above a "o" the action script should look something like this.
      Code:
      replay.onRelease = function()
      {
       gotoAndPlay(1);
      }
        getURL("http://www.opalinefashion.com/first.html");
      stop();
      just change the URL in the getURL
      to match what you want.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...