Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Forms

Hi all

I am at my wits end now. I have added a form on my contact page on my site, using the form wizard.

I have tried everything to get it to STOP being able to send blank forms/emails, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

Here is what I have done so far.

Double clicked on the Name box. Under "Validate tab" I have

Data type: Text
    Display Name: Name
    Data Length, Data required (has a tick)
    Text format, Letters (has a tick)

I have the same for the other fields, except for phone, I have data type as "number".

Also, for the enquiry box, I have data type "no constraints".

Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong ? Do I somehow need to re-configure the success page? This pops up fine once the form has been filled and sent.

Thanks in advance.
    www.psnutrition.co.uk
    Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Re: Help with Forms

not sure what your problem is but i filled in the form and it seemed to be working fine.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I can't tell from your page but make sure that the text boxes are all well within the form area.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

mrmagoo144 - The problem isnt that the form dosent work. The problem I have is that if you click "send" without entering any information at all, it will still send the form. As far as I am aware, you should not be able to send a blank form. The failure page should pop up.

Dson - I have checked and all 5 of the boxes are within the form area. I'm not sure what it can be.
        www.psnutrition.co.uk
        Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

in that case you have to put a R in the field box. R standing for required. if you look at ABVFP thread, Naval has a complete list of options that you can include in the field areas. for instance in the name box, you would open it and put name-RA in the box. this will make it required for your visitor to fill out. if the visitor doesnt fill out all the boxes that you have R included then, he will receive the error message.
          hope this helps
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X