search engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search engines

I have created a site in BlueVoda and have published it. I have metatags and descriptions for all pages. For some reason, search engines such as google are not picking up my site AT ALL. I mean, not even the name of my site when I google it! It doesn't pick up any of my tags or links or anything. Is there something I need to do differently or that I may not have done? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: search engines

Hi Karen. Cant really help without your site details.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Cain View Post
      I have created a site in BlueVoda and have published it. I have metatags and descriptions for all pages. For some reason, search engines such as google are not picking up my site AT ALL. I mean, not even the name of my site when I google it! It doesn't pick up any of my tags or links or anything. Is there something I need to do differently or that I may not have done? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
      Hi Karen, what is the website address please?

How long ago did it go live?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

It went live about 2 1/2 weeks ago. www.seekaren.com I googled it this morning and the thread came up where I asked a question about publishing so I'm wondering if the search engines just haven't picked it up yet. Do they usually take up to 2 weeks?

Comment

Karen,

It can take anywhere from 2 days to 6 months.

Jobs for you to do (To improve your chances)

1) Put decent page titles on each page of your website by right clicking on page properties and entering the information there. About two or three key phrases.

An example (and I will use Alabama as an example as I don't know where you live)

Healing Practitioner Alabama | Alternative Medicines

That could be your page title for your home page, I don't know the business so maybe you could improve on this.

2) Add your website to your signature in your USER CP of this forum. But don't just put the website address, embedd the url in a phrase such as 'Healing Practitioner in (your area)'

3) Get listed on business directories, health directories, forums, related websites (Link exchanges)

4) Set up a Google Webmaster Tools account and add your website to it.

5) Get a sitemap for your website and add it to the Google Webmaster tools.

6) Go through all your menu links and the ones that open up into a new browser change so that they open up in the same window.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have been working on getting listed in business directories on the web and plan on putting in a sitemap. Thanks for the hint on titles for my pages. That will probably help ALOT. I can figure out how to put my website in my signature on USER CP. I'm guessing that a Google Webmaster Tools account is something I do through Google. If it prompts me, I can figure it out. Don't mean to sound stupid here but I am uneducated in these things. This is my first attempt at any website stuff. I don't think I'm doing too poorly for such a rookie :) I don't understand what you mean about menu links. Some of the language we use here is brand new to me. Again, forgive my ingorance - I'm learning as I go. My skill level is a true testament to how well the BlueVoda tutorials have worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Cain View Post
              I don't understand what you mean about menu links. Some of the language we use here is brand new to me.
              The buttons you click on to change page. Some of them open up into completely new browsers. You need to change this in the link button properties.

Comment

There is what is called a "back door" to get on Google. For one, placing your link on this form will get you indexs on google without even trying.
                Have Fun, Be Safe :
                Self Defense Products
                Hidden Cameras

Comment

Hi Karen,

Add your website as a signature www.seekaren.com
                  at the bottom of all your threads in this forum.
                  Vodatalk forum is indexed by the search engines regularly.

It will help a lot when you are just starting out.

You can add your signature from the User Cp at the top left hand corner of this page.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                    Hi Karen,

Add your website as a signature www.seekaren.com
                    at the bottom of all your threads in this forum.
                    Vodatalk forum is indexed by the search engines regularly.

It will help a lot when you are just starting out.

You can add your signature from the User Cp at the top left hand corner of this page.
                    Already suggested earlier

Comment

Hi Karen
                      I' in a similar place to you, there's just so much to learn. But with this programme and the support on this forum i'm sure you'll get there.
                      Paul
                      www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com

Comment

One other note.. after peering at your website. The words you put in meta, descriptions and titles MUST appear on your page. For instance you have Psychic, and Tennesse on your home page.. but you mention NOTHING about either of those on the page itself. Reconsider what you are using there. If it doesnt appear on the page, dont use it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                        X