I suppose I'll have a go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose I'll have a go!

This will be my first time posting a site for viewing in forum. There isn't a whole lot in the way of content, it's mostly just layout at this point. I created what you see on the site in a matter of about 7 middle-of-the-night hours. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if there were considerable unseen errors. I've only personally viewed this site on IE so far. The only people, other than myself, who've seen this site so far are my husband and the owner of this pro-life T-Shirt company. They both really like it, but I suspect they may be a bit biased. Let me know if you have any suggestions or critiques. Thank you so much!
    Bethany

www.lifelinethreads.com

Re: I suppose I'll have a go!

Hi Bethany

Looks really good. I can see you have got pages to do to let us the 'visitor' know what the site is all about.

What you might want to look at is linking your products with paypal to generate some on-line sales.

All the best Darren

Comment

Thank you so much for taking a look Darren!
      Yeah, I'm waiting on the owner to send me the text for the site. I'm also waiting for the owner to set up the paypal merchant account. Once that is done I will complete the setup of the store itself.

Comment

Hi Bethany

Nice site, easy to navigate and well laid out.
        The only thing (in my opinion) which I think lets it down a bit are the pics you have of the t-shirts. They are a bit too dark and under exposed. Also, I think they would look a lot better if they were taken folded, or on a mannequin with a dark background like you see on most shopping sites selling clothes. I think it would give your site a more professional look to it. Hope this dosen't offend you, as it it not meant to.
        Also all your page titles are currently named "Lifeline has arrived".
        Overall a nice simple site, I really like it.
        Thanks
        www.psnutrition.co.uk
        Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Hi Bethany,

I agree with rangaz007 about the photos. If you cannot get more professional looking photos of the t-shirts being worn on a model then try a photo of one folded. The photos of the person holding the t-shirts (next to your contact info) is nice and cheeky. Perhaps this is all you need along with a description of the different styles.

On your contact page I suggest you get rid of this:

Orders can also be placed by email at:
          order@lifelinethreads.com
          (Be sure to include style and size along with your contact information)

it's a great invitation for spammers plus you will find that people never give you enough info.

Try using a form where you ask people for the info you need to make a successful sale. Check out a form I created for my site www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz/book-a-fishing-trip.php It's a different subject but the same idea, in that you can change the form to cater for any info that you require. You can then set up a reply to be displayed to the purchaser telling them that the order has been received, that you will confirm the order in 24hrs, or even "this is our account number - deposit the money with this reference and we will dispatch your order". It's up to you how much you put into it.

Lastly your statement at the bottom of each page "We must be the voice for those who have no voice" Change the colour to give it some punch. White will probably be best but the current colour means it probably won't be noticed by most people.
          www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
          www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Thanks for the input! These are all great suggestions. This section of the forum rocks!!! I agree that the photos aren't right. I'll see what the owner can do about them. You're right, Muzza, a form would be better and it's true what you mentioned about the color. I've been thinking that would be preferable. I'll make a form this week! Great suggestions everyone!
            Thanks again!
            Bethany

Comment

Working...
            X