• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• external access to information on the site

Username: Geewizz
    URL: www.innovation-nation.co.uk

Hi,

Is there a way that I can give access to information on my site so they can update it themselves?

E.g. I will put information of what services are provided by a client, however so their information is always up to date, they can log in and change just their information.

Any help would be appreciated

Geewizz

Re: external access to information on the site

The only way to achieve this is to use a databased login type of system and then provide a form which they can then update themselves..................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: external access to information on the site

.................................... ???? just wondering why all the periods all the time

There are alternatives to using a script or undertaking a DB Contact Manager method.

This is a simple function available in any CMS foundation like Joomla, Mambo, Drupal, or Xoops. It can also be seen commonly in Forums where Admin allows perpetual editing of posts: the ability to edit posts remains with the Original Poster, not by just anyone.

A suggestion (to keep it simple, and complimentary if your site is built with Blue Voda) is to make this "area" part of a Forum environment configured specifically for this task, and leaving the Edit option open for this very reason. You can have multiple Forums per site, if needed, but if you are not too confident using scripts or configuring Database functionalities yet, this is probably the easiest method for you to implement.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X