Help needed with Layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Layers

I'm probably being dim, but how do you link an object to a layer? What are the rules?

I accidentally did it but can't repeat the action for the life of me... HELP!

P.S. I want to add a text box to a layer.

Ta.

Re: Help needed with Layers

You cannot link a Layer, but you can link text in a textbox that is inserted or lain over a Layer. If that is not what you're looking for, lay over a transparent Object (rectangle, etc.) and link that.

Remember to extend the textbox outside the layer so the text font is able to present in the proper font color without being "dimmed" as happens if textbox borders are kept withing Layer borders...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. Thing is, I can't seem to get the layers to work. Is there an order in which you need to use the layers?

I've added text boxes and images and later realised I want to add them to a layer. I've then created a layer and placed it over or behind the images/text but when I turn the layer on/off via the checkbox, the text/images are still visible which tells me they are not on the layer. How do I assign text/image to a layer? And what restrictions are there?

Cheers,

Comment

Okay, figured it out thanks to another thread and link (http://metestsite.co.uk/layers.html)

If anyone else struggles a general rule of thumb is to make your layer at leat 10pixels larget than whatever object you are placing on it; if the sizes are compatible, a blue border will show around the layer... life just got much easier... back to those events

Loving Bluevoda... thanks for a an outstanding piece of software.

Comment

Working...
        X