New User - UK Wedding Planner Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User - UK Wedding Planner Website

I'm new to web design and after having a quick look at Dreamweaver MX and getting really frustrated I was happy to drop onto the Vodahost website and find BlueVoda v10 !.......

Its had a few tweaks and its far from ready to show the 'Whole' world yet, but any feedback would be excellent !

www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk

Oh and if you DO happen to be a UK based wedding service provider...add your details ;o)

Many thanks

Adrian Hughes
    Let's Plan Your Wedding UK
    Adrian Hughes
    ---------------------------------
    The 'Local' Wedding Planning Website

Re: New User - UK Wedding Planner Website

Originally posted by Adrian Hughes View Post
    I'm new to web design and after having a quick look at Dreamweaver MX and getting really frustrated I was happy to drop onto the Vodahost website and find BlueVoda v10 !.......

Its had a few tweaks and its far from ready to show the 'Whole' world yet, but any feedback would be excellent !

Oh and if you DO happen to be a UK based wedding service provider...add your details ;o)

Many thanks

Adrian Hughes
    Let's Plan Your Wedding UK
    Hi Adrian from another fellow UK Wedding Planning website owner (See below signature)

You have done an outstanding job there, very nice indeed.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Adrian

Thats high praise coming from Ramsey.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi Adrian,
        Very, very nice. Well done.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Hi Adrian

Great looking site.

Just a tiny little thing, maybe common sense maybe not (maybe me). I live between Bristol & Bath and I was initially browsing Bristol. Then I thought I would look at Bath, but couldn't find how to get to back to the postcode selector. I then realised the link was in the breadcrumb 'new area'.

Do you think it might be worth including another link in the left hand menu as well because my feeling is people tend to look at menus, rather than breadcrumbs.

Just a thought.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Hi Adrian from another fellow UK Wedding Planning website owner (See below signature)

You have done an outstanding job there, very nice indeed.
            I wasn't expecting such a swift reply !... Thanks for your input, I've spent the past few months tweaking the basic layout of the website, and as I've never had any previous web design experience, it's been a steep learning curve !..... I see you have the OMGUK link to WeddingPlan wedding insurance..... can I be cheeky and ask if running these links are worth the effort? I've joined OMGUK recently, but know nothing about affiliation schemes and if they generate any income, or just 'look' good on the site.
            Thanks again for your reply

Adrian Hughes
            Adrian Hughes

Comment

Adrian,

I'll give you a brief reply here, but I am more than happy for you to call me tomorrow (phone number here http://www.marinckygroup.co.uk/) and I'll give you some clearer advice.

In all the time I have been running the directory I have never got affiliate marketing to really work (and very few do, despite what you might hear). As you say, most of it is more for looks than anything else, it makes a few pennies here and there but nothing worth writing home about. Funnily enough, and it's why you will see it prominent on the top of every page, the one that works best for me is the Lingerie!

Have you considered Adsense? Now that's a totally different story, that has basically changed my life having that on my directory and is definitely the highest earning revenue from the directory. In fact I even received a phone call from Google (London) 2 weeks ago and out of the blue, they want to do a feature on my directory and about how a 'Truck and coach driver' changed his life around with Google Adsense, so looking forward to seeing this published.

I don't know what your experience is with the wedding / directory business so forgive me I don't intend to insult you, but if you want to have a chat I am more than happy to talk through how I made it work, the ups, the downs etc... feel free to call.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
                Hi Adrian

Great looking site.

Just a tiny little thing, maybe common sense maybe not (maybe me). I live between Bristol & Bath and I was initially browsing Bristol. Then I thought I would look at Bath, but couldn't find how to get to back to the postcode selector. I then realised the link was in the breadcrumb 'new area'.

Do you think it might be worth including another link in the left hand menu as well because my feeling is people tend to look at menus, rather than breadcrumbs.

Just a thought.

Darren
                Thanks Darren,

Being new to web design basics, I have spent ages trying to get a usable navigation system going, and I'm still not happy with it as it stands, maybe i've used the site too many times and think everyone will see it as I do on THEIR first visit !..... I take your point on the link to Bath and maybe I need to get my pen and paper out AGAIN ! :o)

Thanks for your interest, it's still weird to think other people are looking at the pages !.... up to now, I was the only visitor !

Thanks

Adrian
                Adrian Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  Make a more functional 404 Error Page .
                  I nearly missed that snippit at the bottom of your message page... Ive been scratching my head over how to make a 404 page work, and I just followed your tips and knocked one up in 10 mins !!!

www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk/fgrtfg

I think I'll be getting into this forum more and more !...

Thanks again for your help

Adrian
                  Adrian Hughes

Comment

Adrian, We woke up this morning to one of our dogs fitting, hence why I couldn't come to the phone. She is a very old dog and now appears to have lost use of her back leg due to the fit so will probably be back and forward to vets today. Can we leave it until tomorrow to talk?

Do call though (about same time) would be nice to chat with you.

Comment

Ramsey,

Sorry to hear you were having a stressful day, its always a difficult time when a pet is ill.... hope things worked out well at the vet.

I am in again Wednesday AM, so will try to give you a quick call, I appreciate your offer but I don't want to take up all your valuable time either !.... so I'll make it a quick call to say hi :o)

Catch you later

Adrian
                      Adrian Hughes

Comment

Wed AM is fine, if you call and the answerphone comes on, just start to talk, it always comes on quicker than I can usually get up and grab it!

Comment

Working...
                        X