Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing FMP error 404

Hi,
    It seems from reading the threads that I am not the only one having difficulty installing Form Maker Pro, but at least they are geting impressive error messages :) all I get is a plain old 'Page Cannot be Found' error 404 message.

I have followed the instructions (which may I say have not beeen written for us newbies...took me ages to figure out what chmod was!) to the letter. I have deleted the fmp folder and reloaded it to my public folder several times.

I then discovered as had others that some of the folders had not transferred. So I manually sent them over one by one. In that department the only problem that still exists is that there are two folders in the js > editor subdirectories that just wont go over and they are file manager and skins.

I also discovered that not ALL the files in my folders were 'chmodded' to 755, so i manually went through the folder and did that too.

Still error 404.

So, the only thing it 'might' be is the two folders that refuse to move.

PLEASE HELP. I really need a sign up form. I had tried using the standard form wizard, but for some unknown reason placing the form wizard form on my page caused a whole load of HTML code to appear at the top of the page. So i thought I'll just get form maker pro, that'll make it easier. Wrong! It should be so simple, but boy, what a challenge it has turned out to be.
    Sarah
Working...
X