Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public_html/ folder

Hi,

When publishing pages in the publishing box , where it says 'FOLDER' , if another website folder name is already in there I presume if I am publishing a different website , then I have to change the folder name to the appropriate website?

Re: public_html/ folder

I and other members have answered and clearly demonstrated how to publish to your main site and to an addon site.

methinks I hear a record replaying.....................

extract from signature rules:

3) Your url or a link to a maximum of two websites that are hosted with VodaHost.

All websites that are linked in your signature must be hosted on VodaHost servers. Any violation of our signature rules and your signature will be deleted with out warning.

(top two sites are breaking this rule)
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for pointing out about the urls on signature- I didn't realize I was violating anything. Will fix it now.

Sorry to bother anyone with my queries but it's not always easy to interpret some answers on the forum when your not an IT wizz. I had so much trouble last nigh as you knwo with my webpages. A friendly vodahost helper emailed me after you had helped and said the reason my sites were not publishing was becasue when I did the addon, the folder was not created for some reason. She didn't say why she thought this didn't happen. So I assume , it was not me but a gliche in Bluevoda.
      I was able to fianlly breathe a sigh of relief, so i think your comments sound a little harsh.

Comment

Having looked at your other sites I found it a little hard to to understand some of your questions that I have been answering.

If those other sites have been created by sombody else and you have just taken over, then I can understand and I apologise.....so which is it!!

I also pointed out to you that you had added your addon incorrectly and gave you the solution, so we are trying to help you...........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
          Having looked at your other sites I found it a little hard to to understand some of your questions that I have been answering.

If those other sites have been created by sombody else and you have just taken over, then I can understand and I apologise.....so which is it!!

I also pointed out to you that you had added your addon incorrectly and gave you the solution, so we are trying to help you...........
          The vodahost customer service person who emailed me said this:

"Your add-on domain did not create a folder for your website for some reason, so I removed it and added it again."

So in the end that was why I was having problems in the first place. Nothing to do with not following the addon or publishing instructions wrongly, me thinks.

I was having difficulty explaining it via a forum. but appreciate all the help ithat was given. Tonight I was asking about the publishing because I was concerned I would have more problems if I hadn't understood. Just being cautious.

To clarify-the sites I have with Bluevoda are the 2 on my signature, which I have just updated for you. Didn't know I was breaking the rules; should be right now.

Comment

Hi ChristieB

OK thanks, you have cleared the air.

Both your sites are up and running now.

So what is your biggest problem/concern at the moment ?
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Ok thank God for that. (Smiling, as I say that by the way).

I am having to add a menu on my site page- https://www.taketheleaddogtrainer.co...n_anxiety.html page

Have saved it and going to republish the page. When I go to publish, in the box where it says 'folder' , it shows my other website public_html/appear10yearsyounger folder name.

Do I change this name to: public_html/taketheleaddogtrainer/separation_anxiety so that I publish to the right site?

Also should I see in blueftp remote public_html folder, a folder for taketheleaddogtrainer. I suppose if this in the main domain name, then ...

Hope you can understand me.

Comment

I think that we established in another of your threads that this is your MAIN account(public_html directory)

http://www.taketheleaddogtrainer.com (public_html directory)

in the publishing drop down box it will be public_html
                so all your pages for dog trainer, you will use above.

Now, when you wish to publish to 10 years younger

In the same dropdown box you add the full name of your 2nd site
                like so: public_html/appear10yearsyounger.com
                (folder name for your 2nd site)

When you wish to publish again to your 1st site(the dogs one)

then you simple change back to just public_html

You do not have to add the page name......bv will add the page to your site

and its as simple as that.........................lol
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

OK thank you for explaining it. here goes

Comment