Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default.asp errors

Hi,
    I have an add-on domain called myeasydata.com.
    The site is www.myeasydata.com .
    In the Cpanel 404 errors log there are about 194 errors recorded this month so far.
    The error is listed as /default.asp
    Can anyone tell me what that error is, why it is appearing and why so many?!
    Thanks
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Re: default.asp errors

Your site is built in BV so no asp pages are created by you.
    Probably you have, somewhere, some external script that tries to make use of such a page (default.asp) on some third party site. If the code is incomplete, it tries to find this page on your own site. Not finding it results in this error registration in the log.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign,
      As per usual thanks so much for your attention and help.
      I recently re-located this site to my VodaHost account as an addon. In doing so I took the opportunity to re-name some of the pages as they were poorly named for SEO.
      Because those original pages were indexed on some search engines I put in place some 301 redirects from the originally named pages to the new ones.
      Would this cause the /default.asp 404 errors to be occurring?
      I guess my real question is this, do these 404 errors affect a real users access to the site, not just a spider or bot. Is it something I really need to do anything about?
      Thanks in advance.
      DVD Disc Repair

Comment

There is no way that a 301 redirect can lead to a .asp page, unless your own redirect code contains such a URL.
        That's why i guess that it is part of some third party script.
        Other possible explanation: did you have this domain hosted elsewhere? and did it have asp pages ? In that case, some SE could still have a link to that page.

If no such URL is included in your own navigation system or links, it will not affect real users.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again for the reply.
          From what you say I would imagine that the most likely cause was, in fact, having the domain at another provider. They use a sitebuilder software similar to, but way less powerful, than BlueVoda.

The main difference was that you never had the level of access to the directory on the server like you do here. It is very likely that they used some kind of configuration that included an .asp file but unseen to the user. I am guessing that Google has indexed the page and everytime it comes back to crawl it is looking for that asp page.
          I think as time passes and the site gets re-crawled the errors will drop away.
          DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
          X