Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Button Question

This has to be really basic;
    When making a button in PayPal ( by going to 'cart' ,'appearance' and then 'use your own button image') using my own button image I get a message "custom image url : You have entered an invalid URL...."

What's a 'invalid' custom image URL? What's an valid one? Does it have to start with http:// ? How do I save the button image or do I have
    to publish it first to have a valid URL ?

Thanks

multitaskinman

Re: Basic Button Question

If you inserted the paypal button and then replaced the image in properties dialogue box. Publish the page and the new image will be copied to the server and it will work as you expect.

Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. I need to clarify; are you saying that if I make the button first in PayPal then copy the HTML code into BV, I can then change the button image in BV and publish?

It looks like I have to make the button first in PayPal because BV doesn't have the currency I need to use.

Thanks

multitaskinman

Comment

Originally posted by multitaskinman View Post
        This has to be really basic;
        When making a button in PayPal ( by going to 'cart' ,'appearance' and then 'use your own button image') using my own button image I get a message "custom image url : You have entered an invalid URL...."

What's a 'invalid' custom image URL? What's an valid one? Does it have to start with http:// ? How do I save the button image or do I have
        to publish it first to have a valid URL ?

Thanks

multitaskinman
        I think I may have misunderstood your initial question 'When making a button in PayPal'

Sorry, I know how to make a paypal button in BV, using a custom image but I don't know how to make a custom button in PayPal.

Hopefully someone with more paypal experience will be along soon.

Darren

Comment

Working...
        X