Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Loading Problem

Hi,

New to this and in the middle of building my first website...

Problem is.... when my pages load, my background image seems to load first, then the main text loads over the top briefly making things look messy BEFORE my white boxes load that lift the text off the background.

Question is.... is there any way I can get the background to load LAST so it simple pops up UNDER the rest of the page so the page load will look a bit smoother....

If it can be done, id prefer to do it now before I build any more pages !

the site is www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk

you get the same effect when you click refresh on the pages too

Many thanks
    Adrian Hughes
    ---------------------------------
    www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk
    The 'Local' Wedding Planning Website

Re: Background Loading Problem

Adrian,

For me anyway, I get about 1/100th of a second of background before the whole page loads, it's incredibly fast, i really don't think this is an issue.

I do know that the page will download in order of what you place on it first, however, I am not sure if that counts for the background, just try it.

Make a new page, put everything on it, then add the background. Can't assure you this will work but give it a go.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey...

I will try that on a new page tomorrow when my eyes are not stinging so much !..... I know I'm 'nit picking' .... maybe i've been looking at these pages TOO much over the past few weeks :o)

thanks again !
      Adrian Hughes
      ---------------------------------
      www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk
      The 'Local' Wedding Planning Website

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hughes View Post
        Ramsey...

I will try that on a new page tomorrow when my eyes are not stinging so much !..... I know I'm 'nit picking' .... maybe i've been looking at these pages TOO much over the past few weeks :o)

thanks again !
        No, I know it can be a pain when a site first loads, depending on how it's built, but I really don't think you have an issue here, I never noticed anything before you mentioned it, and even then looking at your page, I still don't see anything, it's all over in a flash!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i know you are not looking at this but your home page has an ending then a space then the same ending as above. looks like you could adjust the length of your page to stop at the first ending. i see the background is an image and you will have to crop the bottom off as the page will open to the size of the image that you have imported. i hope i have explained that properly. as Mar has stated your site opened well and i did not see something openning before or after something else.
          just adding my 3 cents
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X