Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I create a content ranking system within my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I create a content ranking system within my site?

Thanks to all who take there time to assist!

I want to create a content ranking system within my site:

www.mobilesumo.com

e.g. so I can list the most popular downloaded items in different orders.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: How can I create a content ranking system within my site?

This is usually a feature found on dynamic foundations that are database-driven, Tom, similar to php-based shopping carts. Using Blue Voda's static pages is not as simple as adding in a plugin like mentioned, and would most likely require you to develop custom coding and have it run off a DB that you would need to establish if it is supposed to interface with all your pages. This is up Gen. Naval's alley if you are looking for an affordable reaource.

Otherwise, you may simply wish to create a separate section (page section in BV) to highlight "Best Sellers" with some additional comment to pique interest, which is a lot easier to manually populate based on your own sales statistics (effectively reducing it to an Admin function).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Making such a script is not that easy. ALL downloads should go through a downloader script that will keep track of the number of downloads. From that point on, displaying the rank is quite easy. It is the first part that is rather difficult.

After this part is done, displaying the result in all pages is as easy as placing an html box in your pages.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks to both for the help!

Comment

forums like SMF have an option to do that
          Z0mg it burned!

Comment

Working...
          X