Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoW..Just 3 suggestions? Is there anything else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW..Just 3 suggestions? Is there anything else?

Hi guys,

I was hoping for some more feedback. Maybe 3 suggestions is a good thing? or maybe bad? I don't know? I have spent some time viewing new sites & also reading some feedback/suggestions so i know there are some intelligent folks in here. We all look at our sites differently and it is hard to tell what appeals to everyone so YOU, yeah YOU! Put your two cents in. I am listening to your voice. There are some great folks in these forums, HONESTY is the ONLY words I want to hear;)

Please leave your address so I may look at your work! Thanks!

Re: WoW..Just 3 suggestions? Is there anything else?

Would have a look if you posted your site url/address here....................

like this:
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

oops, lol

Thanks.

Comment

I havnt seen the other 3 comments so I might be repeating stuff.......

I could not find a return link from some of your pages.

It might be a good idea to create a Contact Form instead of using the users email system(dosnt always work)

Nice idea and seems to be well laid out with lots of usefull info.......keep up the good work.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Great Dave. Thanks for the info..I will incorporate a contact form.

Please note you have a dead link www.bluevodadesigner.com (not valid)

I don't know how far along you actually are , but there are a few text issues:
          1.) Home page "Video Tutorials" text is some what hiding behind your footer.
          2.) (right hand corner) the "s" in Tutorials is not linked and is blue as a result of this.
          There are other small issues that are not as important, but the biggest down fall I see is
          I would change the font on the homepage as it does not look Professional, also the size is a bit much.

The site is well laid out, I love the flash movie!
          I hope this helps a bit?

Comment

Hi modernvox

Just the sort of observations that were need............have changed all except the fonts, will do those later.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble ..................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

I'm getting confused here, who is reviewing who?

If I make comments about yarpool.com do I get my site reviewed too?

With regards to yarpool:

I like the colours and layout. Refreshingly different.

Yard Sale Tips: Personally I would make the links "left" justified - centre justified makes them hard to read.

Yard Sale News: Each link takes the customer away from your website. When you define your links you need to go down to the section labelled "target" and select "_new". This will bring up your linked page in a new tab and retain the page you sent the customer from.
              www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
              www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi Muzza and thanks for the heads up as I have implemented your suggestions.
                I looked over your site and it looks very nice and professional which is one of the most important attributes to any web space IMO.
                The only thing I am not to crazy about on your page is the red title text/font. Ex. "Our Standard Fishing Trip" etc.
                I really believe you can do better by using a different font and then maybe tweaking the color a bit, or maybe the red will look good with another font? Then again, does it really matter if the site looks well organized?
                looks great!

Comment

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I started with the red headings on my index page and continued them throughout the website to keep the theme continuous so I'm stuck with them. I've tried to restrict them to points or info that will attract people attention if they are skimming the page, then the nitty gritty is in black and white below the heading.

Back to your site, your headings in all the coloured boxes are all different sizes and bold/not bold. Some of the small fonts are really small for someone with poor eyesight. I think you need to standardise them and be aware that if you underline something then it looks like a broken link.

Speaking of links, your Yardsale Tips looks tidier now but when you click on the links they overwrite your page with someone else's (i.e. you've just sent your customer away and may not get them back) I think you should make the same changes as you did to the Yard Sale News links.

Don't forget your registration page either. Your acceptance terms look like this:

1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS

yarpool provides a collection of online resources, including
                  classified
                  ads, forums, and various email services, (referred to hereafter as
                  "the
                  Service") subject to the following Terms of Use ("TOU"). By using the
                  Service

If you make the box wider it should make the text flow better

Before I forget. If you want to improve your Google rating for your website edit your profile in this forum. Get into "add signature" and include your website. I noticed the other day that my google rating for my website was slowly climbing everytime I used this forum because each post includes a link to my website
                  www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                  www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                  www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Thanks I have fixed again. Also added signature, thanks a lot man.
                    Talk to you soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X