Not getting form info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting form info

I have the contact form on my dnsvideo site set to send the contact info to one of my yahoo addresses. I do not know what is going on, but I do get customer contact emails with no info contained in the email, just says 'Customer Contact' with no other info. If I go to that page and enter the needed info, it arrives at my email site as it should, info intact. What I suspect is happening is people are just hitting the submit button without entering any contact info.
    Is there any way that when someone hits the submit key it will tell them to enter certain info before they can submit the form info? IE name and email at minimum, if not entered when they click submit, it will tell them to enter that info.
    I have the name and email address editboxes set to 'data required' and a minimum of 3 characters set for each editbox
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Re: Not getting form info

it would be better if you had a link for us to look at your form. well you should put required information for each box. such as Name - if you click on the box, you would type in name-RA - R is for the required function A is for the number of letters someone can type in. Naval has a complete tutorial regarding this and just go here:

hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Can be caused by someone (even a SE spider) visiting your "action" page.
      The new BV form wizard avoids this. You should use the built in form processor, and remove the script from your action page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry, the page I am talking about can be found here. Did some tests, checked property after watching the help pages you sent me to. Edit boxes are set to have something in them already, yet when i entered nothing, stil;l it sends me to success page. I think as of Sunday Sept 28th/08, I am going to follow Navaldesign's help and rebuild the form with the built in form processor. Should have it updated by 5 PM. Thank You.
        Dave Van De Cappelle
        www.aSimpleLife.ca
        www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

In that case dont forget to save it with the .php extension
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms