jane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jane

help i am not sure if my email is working could someone email me to see. I would love feedback on my site it is still a work in progress and any feedback would be great. Email jane@janeclare.biz website www.janeclare.biz
    theank you very much in advance.
    jane
    jane clare

Re: jane

I jus took a brief look at it. Your not ste your site to the far laft hand side of blue voda, set the site to the far left then go into page propeties and check the center box. Your pages are shifting from page to page. Also you need keyword's or keyword phases in your page titles. I did not have time for your email.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi Jane

I have sent you a test email.
      Hope you receive it ok.

Thanks
      www.psnutrition.co.uk
      Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Jane
        Great start. Well done so far.
        On your contact page your Home button doesn't work i get a 404 error page. I noticed that the pendulum buttom is at the bottom of the list on the conatct page and not like on the other pages where it is the 4th in the list. On your pendulum page only the products and contact us buttons work. Also on the pendulum page it is not centred. I know you said this is still a work in progress but wasn't sure if these were things still being tweeked.

I have also sent you a test email.

Good luck with the rest of your site.

Neil
        Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Comment

I've numbered these to make it easier to follow as I was just typing it in as I found it so it all appears to be a bit rambling:

1 - At first I was wondering what was going on. At the bottom of your page was a massive column of text on the right hand side and on the left was a massive white space with a small copyright message.

So I "allowed" JavaScript and everything worked as you envisioned it. I have to ask the question though "Do you think someone is ever going to sit and read all the text that is slowly scrolling up the page?" If the answer is no and the message is important then perhaps there is a better way to present it.

2 - I also noticed that although you have named all your pages, you have just named them "pendulum", "healings" and so on. To make your site more searchable in the search engines would it not make more sense to have "Jane Clare Ward - Healings" or "Jane Ward - Healings" or some title relevant to what your audience might use to search for you?

3 - Incidentally, at the bottom of your Pendulum page you have the scrolling text overlapping the last paragraph.

4 - Whoops, just noticed your "Heallings" button - you have one "l" too many.

5 - Your photo keeps popping up on one page and disappearing the next. It might be better if you put it on the left of the page just below your menu buttons so it appears in the same place everytime. You can also soften the edges by right clicking on the photo - select image tools - select add/replace stencil - then select rect01

All some suggestions that you can take or leave but I hope they are constructive
          www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
          www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi thank you very much for your help and i am working on your suggestions. When you said about writing jane clare ward - healings etc instead of just healings do i write that in alternative text for search enginesto pick it up if not where do i put it? As you can see i'm a newbee at this so i might ask some dumb questions. Thanks again for your help.
            Jane
            jane clare

Comment

Put it as your title i.e "jane-clare-ward-healings" but I would also put it in your key words and meta-tags (you'll find them all under Page Properties by "right clicking" on each page of your website when you bring them up in BlueVoda. Different titles for each page and alter your meta-tags and keywords to be specific for the particular page you are defining.

Never apologise for not knowing something. We are all learning and sometimes what is obvious to some is invisible to others (can't see the woods for the trees). Good luck
              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi thanks heaps, i worked out that it was my title page but i didn't put a - between jane clare and ward, will go and change it now. again thanks Jane
                jane clare

Comment

A Pleasure.

Another wee trick I found (by accident), get into your profile in VodaHost by clicking on your name at the top of the page. Find the reference to "add a signature", click on that and add your website address. If you post enough then your google rating starts to climb. I took mine from 2/10 to 3/10 after about 110 posts.
                  www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                  X