sitemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitemap

I have just done all I was told in the ftp manager thing, how do I now see whether the sitemap is successfully installed on my index page?

Jan

Re: sitemap

Originally posted by j&p04
    I have just done all I was told in the ftp manager thing, how do I now see whether the sitemap is successfully installed on my index page?

Jan
    And what would that be that you have done? However, usually the "sitemap.xlm" file should be uploaded in the public_html folder, and you should put a shape or image in your index page, linked to the sitemap file. Search engines crawl first the index page, they find the link to your sitemap file and go there to find all the rest of your pages and crawl them to.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I opened a new folder naming it sitemap in the public-html folder and uploaded ror to that folder by dragging it across, is that right? What sort of shape or image do I put in and how does it link to the ROR.

Thanks

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by j&p04
        I opened a new folder naming it sitemap in the public-html folder and uploaded ror to that folder by dragging it across, is that right? What sort of shape or image do I put in and how does it link to the ROR.

Thanks

Jan
        It was not necessary to put it in another folder. However, it doesn't matter either. In your main page put an image (usualy you put the ROR Button) and link it to your sitemap file, that is http://www.yoursite.com/sitemap/ror.xml

However you can put any other image or shape you like, or even the word ROR or the word SITEMAP or whatever else you like and better suits your sitestyle
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much for your help.

Jan

Comment

Working...
          X