Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know about HTML Validator?

Hi, I was reading about Optimization, and I came accross the HTML Validator, I entered my site url and it came back with 108 errors on my page. All the errors have to do with the html code on my site. I do not know how to write html code. How can I get this fixed. Any suggestions? My site looks fine to me, but I'm afraid the search engines will penalize me. Thanks
    Joe Nascimento

Discount Dental Care Plan[/SIGPIC]

Re: Does anyone know about HTML Validator?

I use that as well but most of those errors are to do with the div names that
    bluevoda creates for you.

Nothing to worry about..............Just to be sure, post a few of the errors here to confirm.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

You can always go line-by-line to analyze the "errant" code and fix it yourself using the CODE EDITOR in your cPanel.

Sloppy code is often due to changes you made on your page using BV as a generator (moving items, deleting them, etc.), and is usually pretty easy to spot-fix ..... but only if you are somewhat familiar with code already!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. Here are just a few of the errors found by the Validator: <marquee> is not approved by W3C, missing </font> before </div>, replacing unexpected font by </font>, replacing unexpected i by </i>, unescaped & or unknown entity "&subaffid" I found a Validator that creates the corrected code for you. If I open a new page in the builder and cut and paste that corrected code into the new page, I will not be able to edit anything in that page. Any ideas how I could overcome this. Thanks again guys
        Joe Nascimento

Comment

Hi Joe,

If you want to continue using BlueVoda my suggestion is to leave it alone
          unless you want to use another software to build your website.

BV is a WYSIWYG specially designed software which is for people who has "little or no knowledge of Html".

The designers of BV has tweak a little of the standard html to protect their design and that is why the Html Validator found that webpages which has been designed using BV will not conform to the standard html in practice and in use by others.

The deviation has nothing to do with Search Engines and will not affect your rating when Google Bot or Yahoo Slurp index your website pages.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you for that information, I was trying to find the html editor in c-panel to try and correct the errors. I really think I was getting in over my head, so I guess I better just leave it alone. You guys are great! Thanks again.
            Joe Nascimento

Comment

Working...
            X