public_html help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public_html help

i have loaded a movie into my Public_html folder. How do i make it viewable on my site?

many thanks

Re: public_html help

Originally posted by HuskyForum View Post
    i have loaded a movie into my Public_html folder. How do i make it viewable on my site?

many thanks
    What format is the movie in?

If it's flash, use the flash box

If it's media player, use the media player box

etc etc
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

its .avi i have tried the media player but when i browse for the file its not there. it is in the public_html folder, i have looked.

any ideas?

Comment

The best way is to turn it into a flash movie. I have 'wondershare' (search for it on Google) It's free, it's easy to understand and it will ensure your video file downloads instantly rather than the usualy waiting time as seen on many websites when previewing videos.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

the movie clip is atleast an hour long, will that matter?

i also need to provide a URL for the media player i have on the forum. i want to be able to play the movie on the forum, but the media player need the URL. will this still work if its a flash movie?

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyForum View Post
            the movie clip is atleast an hour long, will that matter?

i also need to provide a URL for the media player i have on the forum. i want to be able to play the movie on the forum, but the media player need the URL. will this still work if its a flash movie?
            That's gonna freeze the page like crazy! For dial up users it will probably freeze their whole pc's to the state where they may have to reboot!

Try it in flash, but it might still be too long... I am not an expert in this field, but I think you may have problems with this.

Comment

you can send me the file and i will see if converting to flash will work for you. if you send me the file just use
              www.yousendit.com
              it's a free service that just holds your file on their server so it will not matter what your's or my email server says.
              good luck
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

what i really need from this file is a URL so i can play it on the media player in my forum. Is there a site i can upload it to so that i get a URL to use?

i hope you know what i mean

Comment

if you uploaded this to your public_html file and lets say you called it movie.mp3 you can use this url:
                  www.yourwebsite.com/movie.mp3
                  that should work for you
                  let us know
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                  X