mp3 files online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 files online

I added an mp3 file to my website, using the Insert ActiveX Control function, to play in Windows Media Player. It works fine in Google and Internet Explorer (in preview), but Firefox does not display the file. What to do?

I am also posting mp3 files as downloads on the site. Which is the best zip application to use, one that most people will be familiar with, or is there another way to make these files smaller?

Re: mp3 files online

An mp3 will gain almost no compression when zipped. Mp3s were designed to be downloaded on the web as-is.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Stephanus
      You will need to add a Media Player Firefox Plugin to you Firefox browser for the mp3 to play on your Firefox Browser. Look into your browser tools for this from Mozilla.
      Hope that helps. Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,

I did as you suggested and downloaded the windows media firefox plugin, a file called wmpfirefoxplugin.exe Installed it and it shows as installed under plugins. However the windows media player is not loading nor the mp3 file playing. i went onto Firefox'x support site and tested the plugin and it works. What to do?

Comment

Hi Stephanus
          Maybe you need to add some script for a player... so look at this...
          Enter the song file name.. in Properties (right click) of Web Builder Windows Media Player
          Then..place this …html……Before Tag…in the Media Player’s html (right click)
          <embed src="yoursong.mp3"
          width="145" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
          </embed>
          And a player will appear on your page when previewed or published… Be sure to replace yoursong.mp3.. with the music file you want… You can set the width and height of the Player.. and autostart and loop to true or false .. as you wish..
          Hope that Helps Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,

Did as you set about the script, but Firefox will not load it. I even installed ***** Quicktime at Firefox's recommendation, no way. The file will not load.

Is there any other way I can play this file, other than using the Active X or windows media player import buttons in Vodahost?

Comment

Hi Stephanus
              It's probably something simple...Make sure the MP3 file location is accessible correctly addressed and all that. Or the problem may be in your Firefox settings. That's all I can think of... It's a hassle to get it just so so, Good Luck ...Doug

Comment

Just a thought.

Try this: instead using the "Insert ActiveX WMP", use the (false) WMP tool from your left side toolbar. It will open up as a WMP but it will turn itself into an independent Quicktime player - which Firefox can use. (To my eperience it will not use standard WMP).
                Browse-load your file into this WMP/Quicktime player and see what happens.
                (I run a music site. Just for the sakes of Firefox browser I ended up putting an extra Quictime player on most of my mp3 music pages. They co-exist.)
                Good luck.
                (Check out my site)
                Gabor
                www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Working...
                X