• All sites welcomed:) Rate a site 1-10

Hi friends!
    Let's rate each others sites on a scale of 1-10 as follows:

1)LOOKS 1-10
    2)LAYOUT 1-10
    3)CONTENT 1-10
    4)UNIQUE VALUE 1-10

Overall score 1-40

For entertainment purposes only, so please don't anyone get offended. At the same time be HONEST when evaluating each others site.
    Let's get this party started!!

The best to all!

What your score means:

Score of 1-10- End all communications and start over. Your current site lacks all the necessary ingredients needed to compete on the WWW.

Score of 11-20- You have some of the elements working for you, but you will need a lot of tweaking to get it right.

Score of 21-30- You are on the right track! Your site has the potential to be a great presence on the web. Keep up the good work!

31-40- Congratulations! Your site looks great, has a simple, but useful layout, provides a bundle of great resources that can compete with your competition and finally, your site "although similar" to others provides a unique presence. Your site is as great "if not" better than your competitors! WTG!

Please give your rating and then post your site to receive your rating.
    Please do not post your site with out rating every site before yours.
    This will alllow for everyone's participation.

Start with www.yarpool.com

Thanks guys and have fun!

Re: All sites welcomed:) Rate a site 1-10

This forum is a testing ground and was not designed to be used in a competitive manner as you are suggesting.

Score of 1-10- End all communications and start over. Your current site lacks all the necessary ingredients needed to compete on the WWW.

New and existing members use this forum to LEARN and improve their websites, not to be rebuffed.

So personally I do not think that this is a good idea.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Not an acceptable suggestion, in my opinion.

This has been discussed before.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It is no different than asking for a review.

Comment

Originally posted by modernvox View Post
          It is no different than asking for a review.
          Yes, it is very different, and once again there is already a Showcase established where peers can submit their Blue Voda created website for review, critique, and support. No need to duplicate the efforts or to confuse the Community. No need for you to back-pedal on this, really .... it's simply not something that would clearly benefit the Community.
          IMO, and as echoed in the thread submitted for Review.

Comment

Well, certainly you can not speak for the vast majority of members in this forum. I have read the thread you linked to and found more users were in approval that this would be a cool idea. I do however think your five star post rating has a effect on what other members are open to.
            This of course is my opinion and I am very out spoken. After reading many reviews of sites in these forums I couldn't help, but make note of the HONESTY that is posted by some of our members (some times good, sometimes not so good) , but bottom line is if you are asking us to critique your site then you understand- That is what we will do.
            This was intended for entertainment which I DO NOT see posted anywhere in the review section of this forum so there is NO DIFFERENCE my friend. I respect your ALL WORK, NO PLAY attitude if you will, but that is not how the rest of the community feels.
            Please. No need to further discuss this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by modernvox View Post
              Well, certainly you can not speak for the vast majority of members in this forum. I have read the thread you linked to and found more users were in approval that this would be a cool idea.
              I do not posture to speak for the Community at all, and think it unfortunate your defensiveness clouds your clarity.
              If you note carefully, the continued enthusiasm in the "linked thread" centered around some friends looking forward to the idea of putting some travel arrangements together (something we tried to do a year earlier but which fell apart mid-way), not the "Contest" topic as originally posted.

If you are seeking "approval" for this suggestion, this is hardly the way to drum it up, is it?

Comment

Boy you "type" well Vasili, I will give you that.
                For the record COMMUNITY members, Vasili is proposing it is NOT okay to review a site using a numerical rating system which requires no use of words "good or bad" from the reviewer? I am at a lost with this one.
                Lastly, defensiveness should NOT be confused with integrity. If we were not defensive (as you call it) we would all be under the rule of one leader?
                You seem to use your ranking to pursuay the COMMUNITY? Am I wrong?

Comment

Every member has a right to express their opinion, so dont take it too
                  hard if its a contrary one.

"Your current site lacks all the necessary ingredients needed to compete on the WWW"

The above slightly contradicts that which you have stated above.

We are a happy go lucky bunch here, so lets keep it that way.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

As much as I understand modernvox's intentions was meant in a light and fun way to review websites here, I have to agree with David and Vasili that this is not really an acceptable suggestion.

Just one thing that I must correct though is that the customer website review category is in fact set in the VodaHost Talk & News forum and not the BlueVoda Website Builder Forums and as such I do believe this allows websites indeed made with Bluevoda as pointed out above, however does not exclude websites made with any other website builder as long as it is hosted with Vodahost. Just to make that clear.
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

1)LOOKS 1-10
                      2)LAYOUT 1-10
                      3)CONTENT 1-10
                      4)UNIQUE VALUE 1-10

Overall score 1-40
                      Ramsey is correct. We can present any number of builders and styles here from CMS to Dreamweaver, ecommerce, flash etc. The majority of what you have proposed comes under personal opinion and not a professional objective of what a site should or should not be, which is fine as far as it goes, but what if your site offends me? Then my personal opinion will RANK you lower than it actually might be based on an overall objective. Pretty colors and pretty sites might rank well but ive seen BUTT UGLY sites do well because of the content or NICHE they were in ... so.. theres much more to score card a site than whats limited in your proposal. Further.. youd need criteria on who was to judge this contest as its open to everyone, who may or may NOT be qualified to give an opinion based on their experience.. so like this thread you are asking for arguments.. which is why i dont jump in here more often. 99% of the time they arent going to like what i say or the direction i advise them to take, nevermind trying to explain to them a GRADE to live up to. Lots of us have expertise in many areas, others in some areas etc etc..

So even tho you meant it in fun, its like those sites.. hot or not, rate my picture etc.. you are asking for lots of hurt feelings, and in some cases, not the right information, just because it looks good or you like the site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                        hot or not, rate my picture etc..
                        Now there IS an idea....
                        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                          Now there IS an idea....
                          Already in the "Wild Bunch," or every Friday night in the Officer's Club (CL does table dance in that special way)??

And wouldn'tcha know ..... the first time I type fast and omit "Blue Voda created or VodaHost-ed website" it gets zeroed-in on! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

And wouldn'tcha know ..... the first time I type fast and omit "Blue Voda created or VodaHost-ed website" it gets zeroed-in on! LOL
                            Sorry but no slacking in the ranks

Comment

and dont forget the pole dancing.................
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                              X