Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain-Free Acupuncture Revamped Website

Hey guys,

I have finally redone my website: www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au and I was hoping to get some feedback. One of the things I am worried about is if the pages are loading too slowly. What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Matt
    Matt Roessler
    Pain-Free Acupuncture
    www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au

Re: Pain-Free Acupuncture Revamped Website

Hi Matt

I found the pages loaded well (I'm on broadband). I liked the layout, and the pictures - think the site looks great.

Regards,
    Meg
    www.hypnosisbrisbane.com

Comment

Hi Matt,
      I did not find it too slow. Like Meg I am on broadband (but only medium speed) I think it looks great. Just a little more tweaking to polish it.
      The page is fairly wide. I have a small monitor and had to sideways scroll a lot. I have learnt here (in the forums) that you need your page between 800 and 1000 wide. (I went for the 800 as it was the most mentioned figure here)
      The other thing I discovered here is the importance of your page title. You need words in the title pertaining to the page as this helps with the search engines. To find your titles click on a blank area of your page in BV. It is in the page properties. You currently have every page title the same.
      The other thing I would change is the colour of your scroll bars. IMO the orange stands out too much and does not appear any where on your site. But colour (and design) is an individual preference and this is only mine.
      Good luck with the tweaking
      Last edited by bysandra; 10-02-2008, 12:03 PM. Reason: grammer
      Sandra

Comment

A couple of things to tweak first off it's way to wide if you put the subscribe for medial on the main page towards the bottom you will cut out the scrolling. to you menu bars are not appealing why not tex links which are better for search engines. Your page title are all the same use keywords and phases for each seperately, other than that good job.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi, site looks fine except you are building your site in the center of your screen. Should start from the far left of the BV page & use the page properties to bring everything into the center of the screen when previewed.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi

Nice site. Although, as mentioned above, it would look a lot better if everything was centred and the scroll bar at the bottom removed.
            www.psnutrition.co.uk
            Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Hey guys,

I really appreciate everyone's feedback!

Sandra, thanks for reminding me about the sizing and the titles/keywords. I totally forgot to change them. I appreciate that.

Joe, that is a good point. I will look at doing text links, it will probably improve the look of the site as well.

Chris, As you can tell I'm no genius at this... yet... :) I never knew you could center the screen like that, so thanks.

Thanks a heap guys!

Matt
              Matt Roessler
              Pain-Free Acupuncture
              www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au

Comment

Working...
              X