Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some can't view updated pages

Hi everyone,
    I built a website for our wedding. I recently posted a picture slideshow on our "PHOTOS" page. However, some people are still only seeing the old page -- which just has a message saying to check back later for pictures. Is there any reason why some people are getting the newly published page and others are getting the old page? I've got 3 people who cannot get the newer page. I thought maybe they just couldn't view the slideshow, but they told me that they still see the old message on the page. I tried having them refresh the page in their browser, but it didn't help. Anyone have a suggestion/solution? Is anyone else getting the old page?
    www.ourvirginislandwedding.com/photos.html

I've also had some people complain of problems with my intro --- but I think its just too much to load for some connections. It seems to work fine on most high speed connections.
    www.ourvirginislandwedding.com/intro1.html

Thanks,
    Brian

Re: Some can't view updated pages

Sounds like the computers that are showing the old pages are caching. Tell the people concerned to hit their refresh icon a few times and if that doesn't work to hit their F5 button about 12-14 (ish) times, then pause for a second or two and then repeat.

Hope that helps

Comment

Re: Some can't view updated pages

It could be that they are using google to access your site instead of direct browser access...............
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
      X