X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please critique my new web-site

Hi all,
    I would greatly appreciate an honest critique of my new web site - www.americaneaglesigning.com.

I'm new to creating web sites and to this forum. I hope I didn't make too many mistakes!

TIA
    Paul

Re: Please critique my new web-site

Hello

Welcome to the Forum

I'll have a proper look when I have more time, but after having a quick flick around have a look at this page http://www.americaneaglesigning.com./page3.html I am not quite sure whats going on there. It looks like you have tiny web page at the top, which is unreadable?

I wouldn't also have a FAQ's continued button, I would just add this content to the page and keep all your FAQ's together.

Darren

Comment

Thanks!

I don't know where the tiny web page came from so I dumped everything and re-loaded it. Hope it looks better. I haven't had a chance to combine the FAQ's yet but I will.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul

Nice site. Apart from what Darren has mentioned above with the FAQ's, i've noticed that your menu bars on the left jump around from page to page. Also, they change size and get bigger as you go through the site.

Ideally, you should have these all the same size and all in the same position on each page so it makes for easier viewing, and less distracting to the eye. At the moment they all move around.

Also, you need to add some key words in your page titles at the top. This will help with SEO (search engine optimising).

Other than that, nice site, well done.

Thanks
        www.psnutrition.co.uk
        Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

It appears that on your index page, that you did not begin adding your elements at the the far utmost left or made sure that your navigation menu was exactly in the same spot on each page after that.

If you start with a page that is to your liking, and then use the bv builder's copy icon on your menu to copy it and then paste it (using the bv builder's paste icon) to the new page, the menu will be in the exact same spot.

Some suggestions that were found on this forum...just thought it might help.

Curious as to the change in header from the index page to the interior pages...why? Just curious.
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the inputs. I'll try to make the adjustments based on what you said.
            Karen mentioned using the same header from page to page. I thought of this but them thought it would look too busy. What say the rest of you?

Comment

Re: Please critique my new web-site - 007

Hi 007,

"Also, you need to add some key words in your page titles at the top. This will help with SEO (search engine optimising)."

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are these "hidden" words in the page title? If so, I don't have a clue as to how to add them.

Comment

Hi Paul

Not quite. What I mean, is by adding key words next to your page titles, it will help you with your SEO.
                Basically, at the top of the page where you have named your pages, i.e "Home" "About" etc, you need to add keywords next to the page names.

If you look at my site (link below), on my Home page I have "Perfect Sense: Nutrition & Weight Management Consultancy" , for my About page I have "Perfect Sense: Nutritional Advice, Dietary Habits, Healthier Lifestyle" etc.
                These key words are taken from the text contents specific to each page, so each page has different keywords specific to its contents.
                Hope this make things a bit clearer.

Oh yeah, its very easy to do. Just right click on your page and at the top in the TITLE box, where you have added your page name, just add the keywords next to it.

Thanks
                www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Good to see a website that loads fast for us underprivileged dial-uppers.

A few points:

1/ What's under the eagle? There is a broken link there.

2/ I'd suggest changing your titles to something like "American Eagles Signing Service - About Us" to make your site easier to find in the search engines.

3/ I'd also centre the page rather than have it on the left hand side of the screen

4/ Your print is a wee bit small. I use a Font size of 10 but yours looks smaller (maybe because of the font). Someone who needs glasses but refuses to acknowledge their failing eyesight will find this a very hard website to read and will probably give up and go somewhere else. It might be worth increasing the font by a smidgeon.
                  www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                  www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                  www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi 007,

"If you look at my site (link below), on my Home page I have "Perfect Sense: Nutrition & Weight Management Consultancy" , for my About page I have "Perfect Sense: Nutritional Advice, Dietary Habits, Healthier Lifestyle" etc."

I looked at your site and saw the "Perfect Sense: Nutrition & Weight Management Consultancy" for your home page but didn't see the difference you mentioned on the "About Page"??? I'm sure it's me and it's probably staring me in the face but I don't see it.

Comment

Hi Paul

If you literally just read the title for each tab, and look at the keyword directly to the right of each tab, then you will see what I mean.

(Just use your mouse to hover over the tabs)

Thanks
                      www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Its a good start so far.. I have problems reading shadowy words an all so maybe there are other like me whose eyes are going.. if you had plain texk without the shadow maybe it will be better

riccii

Comment

Re: Please critique my "revised" web-site

Hi all,

I really appreciate all the help so far and as a result I dumped my previous web pages that were done with MS Publisher and created these with BV. I'm still having a problem with the last page due to it being a php instead of a html. I'll work on this with the technical gurus. Riccii - please let me know if the words look better.

Tks,
                          Paul

Comment

Not sure what problems you're having with "php" but just in case you didn't know.

You right click on your page within BlueVoda, select "Page Properties", go down to File Extension and select "php". Then publish as normal
                            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Plus you'll then need to define your link to /contactform.php not /contactform.html
                              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                              X