creating a download for my website visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a download for my website visitors

I am not yet a vodahost customer. I am still building my website.

I want to provide a free music download on my website. I have viewed the tutorial on the subject. One of the first steps is to click 'connect' at which time I have to chose the correct IP address.

Problem : None of the IP addresses match my IP address.

In VodaSupport I found help...My IP Address is missing from BlueVoda. After reading it I thought it was saying that I have to publish FIRST so that I will receive an IP address for my site,then I can create my download.

Question: Do I have to publish my site first in order to create a download?

Re: creating a download for my website visitors

If you want to download the files to test them, make a link, and click "browse for file", after that, select the file to make the download. You can download it yourself by previewing the page an clicking the link.
    Z0mg it burned!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. In response however I have to clarify that I don't want to test the files.

I want to create a music download for my website visitors.

I am hoping someone will be able to address this issue I have with the IP address. I can't do anything until I figure out what that is all about.

Comment

If you aren't a VodaHost customer you won't have the IP address, username or password to connect; you can't publish via BV until you are a VodaHost customer. VH is a great bargain, I've had positive experience with them and I do recommend them to you.

Tom
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Well, I finally found the answer to my own question. I DID have to purchase a webhosting account with bluevoda before I could set up a download on my site. This is because an IP address is needed to set up a download and you don't obtain an IP address until you set up vodahost as your webhost. Once you sign up with vodahost you are sent an IP address (among other things) and you're off and running. Up until this point I had been working on my site but I had not yet purchase a webhosting account with blue voda. I think it would be helpful if the tutorial mentioned that you must have a vodahost hosting account before a download can be created on your site.
          Thanks to those who tried to help.
          Karen

Comment

Karen

It is mentioned in tutorials and in the documentation before you download the bluevoda website builder.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
            X