Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among all!

Hi!
    I have really done a lot with this wonderfull tool - Bluevoda. And now when my web site is increasing in page numbers, it isn't getting easier any more....rather vice-versa!!!

Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among all! Save a complete web site as a project would make it a wonder tool. And there are many tools out in the market that allow such functionality. Hope that won't be something unacheivable!!! - no dobut that it may not be easy! BUT...

I may be looking for some other tool soon......

Dave

Re: Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among all!

If you are interested the subject has been discussed here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/wis...re-wanted.html

And I promisse to have very soon a small tutorial / Tip on the use of Iframes for menus, headers and footers.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among all!

Due to the nature of BV a "apply changes to all" feature is not
      possible (for now). But a "save all" feature is a good idea. This
      will let you save multiple open pages at the samer time.

It's on the list!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
        Due to the nature of BV a "apply changes to all" feature is not
        possible (for now). But a "save all" feature is a good idea. This
        will let you save multiple open pages at the samer time.

It's on the list!
        Hi *****,

Does this mean that you will also solve the different folder problem? Not for saving the page, which already is there, but for Uploading in the proper site folder? Can you have a kind of "memory", that will "remember" the folder where the page had been published the last time and take care to re-publish it in the same (by default) folder ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among

There is no folder problem, BV can not guess which folder you want your
          file to go....For example if you have two folders in your public_html and in
          each folder you had a page called products.html

BV can not guess or anticipate (yet) which products page you want to go
          into what folder and which page you want to override if any.

Even if it remembered that this specific products page goes into folder A,
          it would not work....What if you want it to go into folder B. Or you did not
          want it to go into anay folder and stay in your root.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Apply-to-all, save-to-all functionality would score bluevoda a wonder tool among

There is no folder problem, BV can not guess which folder you want your
            file to go....For example if you have two folders in your public_html and in
            each folder you had a page called products.html

BV can not guess or anticipate (yet) which products page you want to go
            into what folder and which page you want to override if any.

Even if it remembered that this specific products page goes into folder A,
            it would not work....What if you want it to go into folder B. Or you did not
            want it to go into anay folder and stay in your root.
            Of course BV can not go where i want to publish a new page, so in that case it should either default to the public_html folder or to the last used, giving anyway the user the option to type in the actuall folder. What i meant is this: any windows program has the ability to save a file automaticaly in the folder where it was opened from (if it is an already existing file, opened for editing), or save the file to the last used folder, if it is a new one. BV does the same with .bvp pages on local computer level. So what i'm proposing is this: let's say i have already two index pages, one in my main domain and one in my subdomain. I would like each page itself "remember" where it had been uploaded the last time and automatically get uploaded on that folder. This way the "Save all" feature would be really useful and would not resrtict us in editing toghether only pages to be published in the same folder, or, require page per page, the folder to publish to.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Ahhh....I see.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ahhh....I see.
                Thanks *****. Please do that. My site has 4 levels of folders (f.e. English/Designs/30mfishingtrawler/techreport.pdf and having to type in all that or copy and paste averytime, especialy when i have to move between different folders, becomes really "heavy"
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X