Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching form BV To Sololaunch - Picking your brains

Hello Everyone

I have submitted a ticket for this, but can I pick your brains while I am waiting for a reply?

www.kindoffice.co.uk is an addon domain that I built with BV, but with so many products to load on I am beginning to wonder if Sololaunch might be a better solution.

1.Does anyone know if I move from BV to SH, if its all pretty straightforward or if there are any technical CP issues I should be aware of?

2. As I got a VH account is it FREE?

Thanks in advance

Darren

Re: Switching form BV To Sololaunch - Picking your brains

Darren..

The issue is.. that it needs to be a clean unused directory that you install it in.. or you will have issues.. this means that you need to delete the addon domain and every thing in it.. recreate it and then install soho.

The main issues are that you need to keep soho updated for it to work properly.. so right after install update and then run diagnostics to fix permissions etc..

Nothing tech in control panel, and you get one full license of soho with each vodahost account.

With all this said you would have to redo all your products, unless you have some sort of product feed. (csv or excell file) and then you would need to reup all your images.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen

ooh scary stuff!

If I delete the addon, would this automatically delete everything associated with it?

Or... I've just had a brain wave.... could I leave things as they are and set up another domain such as kindofficeshop.co.uk and use that bit for the shopping bit and basically link things up between my BV pages with the SH pages?

This will mean the site will stay live, I could build the SH site in my own time and then when I'm ready change the menu links in BV.

What do you reckon?

Darren

Comment

yes.. i reckon you might be on to something there par'ner. LOL

It would be better to install it in a NEW domain. You could link things up from bv... keep in mind tho to make your pages close to the theme of bv and to not duplicate your outer pages in soho.. just use the cart..or.. you could build it all in soho with the new domain.. then forward the old domain to the new when you were ready.. youd still have to rebuild your rank a bit.. but.. in the interim it would forward over.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          yes.. i reckon you might be on to something there par'ner. LOL

It would be better to install it in a NEW domain. You could link things up from bv... keep in mind tho to make your pages close to the theme of bv and to not duplicate your outer pages in soho.. just use the cart..or.. you could build it all in soho with the new domain.. then forward the old domain to the new when you were ready.. youd still have to rebuild your rank a bit.. but.. in the interim it would forward over.

Karen
          Karen

Thanks, however what do you mean by '..to not duplicate your outer pages in soho' ?

Comment

I mean that soho is a full abuilder.. it can make the pages like your bv pages too.. that link into the cart.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen

Just one more question

I went to where I get Soho, but I stopped short, becuase it wants me to open a VH account (which I already have) and pay. Is there another way to do this or do I need to submit a support ticket to get this installed on my account.

Incidentally I have bought the domain name but I havn't yet changed the name servers or added the domain in CP.

Darren

Comment

Fingers crossed I think I've sorted it.

Comment

LOL ok.. sorry been busy.. friday night yanno?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

No worries. I should practice what I what I preach. Read the threads!! You've already covered this before with someone else and the help I need was right there.

Thanks again

Darren

Comment

Hi! Karen My Cite Is Y-Not Soaps & more I got the B Voda last month and it is not publish yet i don't know why.I can log in to cpanel go to simpatico and then nothing Can you please tel me if i can delete everything. Like the Oscommerce Or to Sololaunch and what ever else
                      i have and start fresh .
                      I am so confused. i thing i made some big mistakes thinking it was ease to build a web cite
                      I don' know if you are the right person but somebody has to help me
                      Thank You

Comment

Sounds like you have installed half of fantastico. Best way to fix this is to put in a support ticket and have your account RESET and start from scratch.

Then if you need help with SOHO you can contact me privately and for a fee for installation/template modification and assistance with HOW to build it. But first.. do the tutorials for soho launch.. it will help. Im sure you can do this with a lil one on one tutoring... and if not.. im sure with a little patience and practice you can do it yourself.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X