Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Quality Score

Re: http://www.esuranceplan.com/rapidterm.php

I am advertising the above site on both Google and Yahoo. The Yahoo campaign is generating a good number of clicks and conversions, while the Google ad is barely running due to the fact that the quality score for most of the keywords is marked "poor". Google tells me that the reason is that my landing page is presently also rated poor, which affects the quality score of the keywords. Over the past few weeks, I have made several changes...unfortunately, to no avail. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve the quality score of my landing page, and therefore the keywords?

Stephen
    Last edited by Foxmusicman; 10-06-2008, 06:10 AM. Reason: Editing

Re: Google Quality Score

Well thats pretty hard to tell without know what words you are trying to optimize for. From your meta tags

<meta name="KEYWORDS" content="term insurance
    online insurance quote
    term life information
    child term life insurance
    life insurance com
    dollarlife.com
    buy term life
    20 year term
    cheap term life
    no exam term life">
    This is incorrect.. they should be seperated by comma's. Secondly, most of them DONT appear on your page in any shape or form.. one big reason why you rate poorly with google. If the keyword ISNT on your page its going to be marked POOR because you havent QUALIFIED it. You cant just smack keywords down and so ok.. thats what this is, and expect results. Im surprised that Yahoo hasnt indexed you deeper and you start to see a lower number of clicks thru them also... and i expect you get very little traffic organically on those keywords.

Oh.. and why the hell is dollar life dot com one of your keywords? Thats almost assinine.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,
      Thanks for the critique. I revised my meta tag keywords and separated them by commas. Hopefully, the rankings will improve. I'm curious: How were you able to "see" my meta tag words?
      Stephen

Comment

LOL.. Stephen..

Very simply.. i veiw source, you can view almost any web page you like that way and see what the google bot sees. They may not improve your rankings because of the keywords you used.. but they will definitely kill you for spam.. which yours were.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

LOL.. . WELLLLLLL>.

I just had time to go look at your NEW keywords.. and they are hardly better than your last.

<title>Rapid Term Life</title>
          <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="term insurance, online life insurance quote, term life information, buy term life.5 year term, 10 year term, 20 year term, cheap term life, no exam term life, fast issue term, rapid issue term, fidelity life,">
          IF ITS NOT ON YOUR PAGE DONT USE IT. If you do.. ITS SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.

There did it get thru yet?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hey Karen,
            I finally got the message. My revised and current meta tag keywords are now only taken from my landing page. The tip you gave about the HTML Source Viewer was great as this tool is quite useful in reviewing competitive sites. Thanks again.
            Stephen

Comment

Working...
            X