Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to test for the error page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to test for the error page?

www.cgmulleralgarve.comm

hi everybody,
    with some info in here, I was able to link my e-mail with the submit button. Thanks for the post. Is it possible to test for the event of error? What could cause the error?

thanks in advance

Re: is it possible to test for the error page?

Deva
    If your questions are all based around your form, you dont have to open another thread for each question.

It will be better for you and anyone else with the same sort of problem to see all the questions and answers in a single thread......................Live and learn as they say.................lol

If you have used the verification part of the form properties, then yes you can test your error page.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

thanks for that david i had the same question.... never tought you could test error pages, lol you learn some thing new every day......
      sigpic
      Live and Let live
      www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
      www.discoverpopotla.com
      www.villadeflorencia.com
      www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

The Javascript validation has NO error page, it only pops up alert windows.

If you mean the error page that should show up if there is an error AFTER submitting, please note that the BV built in form processor, has an error page that will ONLY report Highjack attempts. To see if it correctly displays the error message, just use , in example, in the name field, something like "George \n" . That \n is a newline feed, usually used (as well as some others, like cc and bcc) to inject the mail headers, thus using your form to send spam to third parties. As soon as you try this value, the error page, if correctly built according to the Form Wizard tutorial, will display the error page, the field name and the highjack value submitted, together with a "This is a highjack attempt and the message was not sent" error message.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.cgmulleralgarve.com

thanks David, for pointing that out. Thank you Naval.
          I went through my setup again and the tutorial. The form just sends e-mails fine. I'm still trying to work the test of the error page. If I put "George \n", it doesn't bring the error page up, but sends that email.
          What am I missing?

thanks in advance?

Comment

I Just tested your contact form with a \n and the error page DOES show, with the error. Though you should make the ##error## textbox larger.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Naval,
              it worked for me too, this time. I fixed the error box and font size.

I have another question regarding yahoo, which is my email provider. My email address is in my contacts. So when I did send email from my contact form, giving my own email address, yahoo puts it in the spam folder, even so it says that the email was send from my yahoo email. I did tell to be not spam, so now it goes to the inbox. I'm little concerned that every email generated by my website would look like spam to yahoo.
              Is there a way to allow emails that come through my website to go to my
              inbox, rather than spam?
              Are there more points in my form that I have to pay attention to?

thank you

Deva

Comment

Rename the textarea to "comments" or simething like that.
                Then fix the font type and size (Style of the fields).

Spam: a known issue with Yahoo, it classifies as spam almost every php script submitted form.
                The only (probable) solution would be (maybe) using php mailer or swift mailer. These are capable of sending the mail with a FROM header actually identified as the email address of the sender, so it is correctly recognized as normal email. The usual php scripts instead, send out as FROM the address voda?@voda?.com, whilst the sender email address is that of the user.

ABVFP v3 will have PHP mailer as mail engine and also a Sendmail option, so it should overide such problems. A bit of patience please, i have too much work so this release might not be out before a month or so.

This results in the mail being classified as spam by Yahoo, comcast and some more ISPs.
                Navaldesign

Comment

thanks naval,
                  changed, name, font and size.
                  Would it then be better to have my email displayed and link it to my email.
                  Doesn't that cause the users email program to pop up, with my email already on the to: line?

Comment

Yes, that's correct. You can do that.

Forms are usually used for two reasons:
                    1. To gather specific info: in a simple email the visitor includes what HE thinks he should send, not what YOU need. Of course, this is valid for forms where there are many different fields, with specific info required. In your case, since you only want the name and email address, a simple email will do the job

2. Forms are used to avoid you spam: in fact, with a form, your email address is not revieled. Placing your email address in a page will result in it being included in the mailing lists of the worldwide spammers. A solution to his could be using an "Email me" text (or image) and hidding your email address through Email Riddler. However please note that this will protect you only against bot email gathering, it will not protect you from manual email address picking.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
                      thanks for all your info, it helps to understand more.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X