Google Mail very open to Hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Mail very open to Hacking

As I found out to my cost today, Googlemail is extremely easy to hack into. If you use googlemail, you can help yourself a lot if you take the following precautions:

Take these steps immediately:

[a] Sign in to GMail.
    [b] Click Settings at the top of any GMail page.
    [c] At the bottom of the page, set 'Browser Connection' to 'Always use https' (a secure SSL connection)
    [d] Click ‘Save Changes’
    [e] Reload GMail

This will protect your GMail account.

Luckily and unlike hundreds of other gmail users out there (looking at all the posts on Google), I DID manage to get hold of Google and they got my account back within 45 minutes.

Thank you to Karen (KMAC) for holding my hand though through this very harrowing time!!!

Mind you VH support put a smile back on my face when I emailed to tell them that the hacker attempted to get into my Vh accounts, and they replied to my ticket with 'Who are you', do you hold an account' ???

Do I hold an account??? LMFAO

Message to mods: When you delete the above bit, please don't delete the whole post, there is some vital and important information to all gmail account holders to keep their accounts safe.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Google Mail very open to Hacking

Yes.. We both did some research on how to secure gmail, and I did what i could to help and get his accounts back. You forgot to mention the paypal issue to...which they managed also to get. But not completely and you will be able to recover.

We arent sure HOW they got to Ramsey, but always type in your own links in browsers as a starting point.. avoid clicking in any email.

I also know a couple of others HIT recently with computers almost destroyed over a simple TRACKING cookie.. so everyone needs to get on their toes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Why don't you just send your messages to another mail? I think that's the best way to be protected. Is it like or the same in yahoo when it's in beta stage?

Comment

Very nice information... thanks...

Comment

Working...
        X