Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me solve a customer's d/l issue

Aloha!

(Sorry--I'm not clear if there is a more proper place to post this question.)

A customer of mine is trying to download a self-extracting zipped file from a protected page. The problem looks like she's trying the wrong username and password (keeps getting rejected) but I'm pretty sure she's got it right. The page, username, password and download all work for me on IE, Firefox, Safari on PC and Mac.

She's on dial-up on Windows, IE.

She IS able to download a similar file from another user's page. The file she can download is 13mb, the one she can't d/l from her page is 22mb--could that be the issue? But she can't get to the page to try, remember.

Is there such a thing as clearing the cache to resolve a messed-up username/password?

Any other ideas?

Much thanks,

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Re: Help me solve a customer's d/l issue

most isp's limit packets to 16mb to email.... but i havent heard any reason.. other than shes on DIAL up that .. she might also be limited there to 16mb.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks much, Karen. I can break the download into two parts for her, so I'll try that.

Comment

I can't see what the file size has to do with the fact that she can't even get to the page!

And, since we are talking about download and not email attachment, there is NO limit to the file size, othr than her connection stability.

If she can't get in, look for the most common errors: caps lock, a white space in the username or password, and similar.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Navaldesign. Yep, I would agree with the caps lock and things. However, she is successful at getting into all other pages so it's not that she doesn't understand the possible issues. So I've built a new page, I'm sending her a new username and password AND I've broken the file into three separate downloads for her to try. She'll get back to me in about 18 hours.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X