PDA

View Full Version : quotation button

riccii
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Ive been thinking about a quotation button for my site that will allow users the option to add product(s) to something like a quotation cart.

This is it.. I am not displaying the costs for the products I have on the site, as they are only for viewing by users. Instead I want a user to request a quotation on one or more items he/she has seen on the site. This should be done by clicking a button similar to the "add to cart" buttons on sites I've seen. When the user click that "add to quote" button, the item will be added to apage with a list of other items that the user can modify and then click on another button like "request quotation"

The process is similar to shopping online, only that there is no price involve until we get a quotation from the user.

Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Thanks,

Riccii
www.robinhoodmegastore.com (http://www.robinhoodmegastore.com)

davidundalicia
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Create a form with radio buttons that the user can tick.
When the user submits the form, the info will be emailed to you.

riccii
10-09-2008, 05:45 PM
David

Thank you. But let me ask you these. Do I need to put the images on the form with the options?

And How can I allow the customers to preview what they have checked for quotation?

Riccii

davidundalicia
10-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I can only answer this question based on the information provided.

You quoted:
"I want a user to request a quotation on one or more items he/she has seen on the site."

A page with images and form buttons can collect the info and send that info to you and to the client.

If you are talking about MANY items then the use of a cart with zero prices would be better.

Another option is to pay a php expert to create a specific script to your requirements.

riccii
10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks again David..

Which cart do you think is the best to use though?

davidundalicia
10-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Never used one...........I write my own scripts.