text linking/hiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text linking/hiding

I have a block of text I am trying to place a "more"link where part of the text is showing then by clicking the more link, the remaining link shows up, and when you click on it again, it hides that part of the text. It should save room so I can get more products on one page. Does that make since what I am trying to do? I am new to this and was given this task in the middle of someone else designing the site. I am a little confused.

Re: text linking/hiding

Usually the click on more goes to a pop up.. but i seen something like what you are describing on dynamic drive.. might check there.. but seems an awful pain in the butt to do for every product.. when you could just have it link to a product page etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

At the risk of sounding really stupid, what is a dynamic drive? I am really new to this as I said, and have no idea what I am doing at this point. I have seen a few other websites I liked and am trying to mimic what I saw in companies that seem to do well wit their websites.

Comment

I believe what you should be doing is making a page for each of your products and then linking the product page to the picture of the product. This way, all the visitor has to do is click on the picture of your product to get to the product info page.

For someone new at this, like myself, it was hard to understand at first. "Every link is a page or an image"

If you use script, you will lose a lot of internet-challenged visitors because they have javascript disabled. It is easier for browsers to handle pages.

So make a page with all the pictures of the products you want. Then link every picture to a page of each product (one product=one page---that has a bigger or more detailed image and all the info about that product, a call to action, and add to cart, if you like this then you might like this, any appropriate ads, etc).
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

P.S. It works the same for text.
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
          X