Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't send emails

Hi,

I have two email accounts setup but can't get either to send. They both receive OK and I can send mail from a sub-domain account.

Here is the error message I get (The account blanked out with ***)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    The host 'mail.*****.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: '***** ', Server: 'mail.*****.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

An unknown error has occurred. Account: '******@******.net', Server: 'mail.*******.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 70.86.30.66 (70.86.30.66:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Any ideas?

Regards
    Ceejay

Re: Can't send emails

Click the below.....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi again,

I know I have Outlook Express setup correctly, both email accounts used to send without any problem. They have just stopped over the past couple of days.

This seems more a Server problem than anything I have done wrong. Is there any privilages I need to set that could be causing this error?

Don't want to sound boastful but I have set-up accounts in Outlook Express several times over the past 9 years so it is doubtful I wouldn't spot some error.

Regards
      Ceejay

Comment

Originally posted by Ceejayqb
        Hi again,

I know I have Outlook Express setup correctly, both email accounts used to send without any problem. They have just stopped over the past couple of days.

This seems more a Server problem than anything I have done wrong. Is there any privilages I need to set that could be causing this error?

Don't want to sound boastful but I have set-up accounts in Outlook Express several times over the past 9 years so it is doubtful I wouldn't spot some error.

Regards
        Ceejay
        I would test my account: try sending an email from your CP. if it works then it can only be something on OE settings OR your local ISP. Sometimes ISPs just change their policy all of a sudden and don't allow anymore mail sending through other servers than theirs .
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Its not a server problem, if it was we would have 1000's of people screaming.
          Our mail servers handle around 500,000 emails a day and they are working fine.

Don't want to sound boastful but I have helped 1000's of people set up
          there email accounts (This is what I do for a living ;)....and it always, always,
          always an end user problem....

1)Did you create the account in your control panel?
          2)Is your domain name pointed to our name servers?
          3)have you entered your password correctly..without any spaces before or after?
          4) etc........
          Last edited by VodaHost; 02-06-2006, 09:26 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi,

Had a break and ran another test, this time it gave an error but on the second attempt it sent OK.

One point, I use Microsoft XP professional and AOL broadband, could the problem be AOL? Wouldn't be the first time!!

Regards
            Ceejay

Comment

AOL is one possible villian in the story....Just go through the entire check
              list...I am sure it is some thing simple...If you think it is AOL, give there tech
              support a call and ask them if they are blocking port 25.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi,

It must be something simple because it does send eventually, just takes about 5 / 6 attempts at pressing the 'Send' button.

I am convinced it is an AOL problem or something to do with the MSN firewall. I'll work at it anyway, can't let it beat me LOL.

Regards
                Ceejay

Comment

Im serious...call them and ask them if they are blocking your port 25.
                  This is a very common problem with AOL.
                  Last edited by VodaHost; 02-08-2006, 06:44 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi,

You are correct, AOL are blocking Port 25. They use Port 587 for SMTP on their mail server.

I have solved the problem anyway, using the webmail supplied by Vodahost. I'm not too bothered about using Outlook Express it was more for convience, I have my AOL, Hotmail and one other email set-up there.

One last question.. do you ever sleep? I have asked questions in other forums and they usually take two to three days for a reply, here it is only a few hours (or less, I do sleep sometimes).

Regards
                    Ceejay

Comment

I new those AOL rascals where upto no good!

Sleep is for wimps ;) Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have also contacted AOL regarding exactly the same problem. They told me to switch from port 25 to port 587. I have done this. It doesn't work. I have not been able to send emails for around 2 months now without pressing 'send' several times until the error goes away. I think that if my isp were blocking a port, nothing would be sent; the fact that a message gets sent after a few (3-15) attempts is mystifying. Could it be that the server really is too busy as the error messages suggest?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '***', Server: 'mail.***.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

This problem is driving me insane. I feel I have now exhausted every avenue. Any help would be very welcome.

Comment

Working...
                        X