My 333rd Life on Planet Earth review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 333rd Life on Planet Earth review

Greetings to all....what great fun it was to create this website for my forthcoming book with this program: www.my333rdlife.com
    Please check it out and let me know what you think...I tried to keep it simple...thanks, Anne

Re: My 333rd Life on Planet Earth review

Hi Anne

Had a quick look, but your links don't work! Your index page looks good, however the text links you have at the top, I would be inclined to move them to the bottom.

All the best

Darren

Comment

Hi,

The reason your links don't work is because you have changed all the short names you had to lonnnnng names as someone told you to (you said so in the other naming thread). By doing so, you have not updated the links as well.

See these threads to help with SEs:
      Page naming. Click here.
      H-tags. Ckick here.
      Key words. Click here.

Good luck.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

links not working lol.... cant help lol... index looks nice
        sigpic
        Live and Let live
        www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
        www.discoverpopotla.com
        www.villadeflorencia.com
        www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

Hi,
          Just checked again. I see you have renamed the pages again, but your links are not correct. http://www.my333rd.com/synopsis.html should be http://www.my333rdlife.com/synopsis.html

Good luck
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Gidday,

An interesting looking website but there are a few obvious things that need urgent attention.

I'll post separate posts per problem so this post doesn't get too large.

- I agree that the link (or text) menu would be better at the bottom. I think that you also need to get a bit of conformity about your menus.

The menu on your homepage is near the bottom and I had to scroll down to see all the choices (which I feel is not desirable). the next menu I found was on your Synopsis page, where it looked different and was now in a straight line at the bottom of the page.

Your table of contents page had the same style menu as your homepage but was even further down the page.

About the author was another box of menus but this time in a much better place. The excerpt page was another line of buttons right at the bottom.

Personally, I feel that you should stick with the box of menus but find a consistent place near the top of each and every page to place it. While at the bottom of each page, I feel you should also have your text or link menu.

See you next post
            www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
            www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Sorry, me again. I'll be gentle... I promise

I'm using Firefox as a browser and I'm noticing several problems with your titles on a few of your pages. I'll try and summarise:

- On your Synopsis page the title "My 333rd life on planet earth" is bursting out the end of the right hand end of the box it is supposed to be contained in.

- On your Excerpt page "My 333rd life on planet" is in the title box but "earth" is in a tight orbit on the line below.

- On your About the Author page the title is overlapping the text

- On your Bibliography page the title in encroaching on your Authors Note

I haven't checked what they look like in other browsers but in FF they look a bit messy. Easy fixed though.
              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Last one.

Each and every page has the same title.

You need to make them more searchable by having a unique title for each page.

Something like:
                - "My 333rd life on Planet Earth by Anne Preciado Rich" on the homepage
                - "My 333rd life on Planet Earth - Synopsis" on your Synopsis page
                and so on.

Plus, I feel you should also include your name in the keywords.

www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Thanks to all for your interest and your previous input...have been away on Jupiter for a time, but have since completely redone my website, using my own art work... the links are now working and I have also added a Twitter blog...As for the book, I recently entered it into the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Award contest...if it makes it to the second round (will know sometime around the middle of March!), you will be able to check it out on Amazon.com and vote for it...
                  In the interim,
                  Vaya con Dios, mis amigos!

Comment

where do we vote for it, post a link here, as we are a lazy lot sometimes...........good luck, and keep in touch.
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                    X