• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WordPress Through Fantastico

Hello,
    I have 2 site url:
    http://www.urinebegone.com

I have installed wordpress in oneincrediblecleaner. We are only allowed to install wordpress at one url. I need to install it to urinebegone. Could I just delete fantastico's folder in oneincrediblecleaner's control panel? Is this the best way to do it to uninstall wordpress from oneincrediblecleaner's control panel? Then install it in my other url: http://www.urinebegone.com.

Thank you,

http://www.urinebegone.com

Re: WordPress Through Fantastico

go back to fantastico and choose the REMOVE that will be there with your installed application when you click on the word press on the left.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you have installed WordPress via Fantastico!, you need to un-install it also via Fantastico!

One of the good things about installing anything via Fantastico! is the ability to automatically create a directory to install it in (which allows multiple installations "per URL" instead of installing it on the main public_html/ directory). To take advantage of this auto-creation of a directory, simply enter a name in the small box field at the top of the installation page....

Although it is easy to install WordPress using Fantastico! it usually limits your installation to an older version, which requires you to manually update the version (something that seems difficult for many to accomplish on their own). This is why I usually recommend that if at all possible, you manually install WordPress from scratch yourself, as the newer versions have the auto-update feature to assure you that your version will always be up to date with little or no effort on your part hence.
      > Additionally, installing templates (free or premium) over Fantastico! installations is unnecessarily more complicated than over manual installations, negating the motivation of using a Fantastico! installation in the first place.

FIND MANUAL WORDPRESS DOWNLOAD HERE

WORDPRESS SUPPORT COMMUNITY HERE
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you very much Karen and Vasili for your input. I decided to keep it there, but I'm having problems with the update on the newer version of wordpress. So, I'm going to uninstall wordpress and install it manually. And if I have more questions, I will let you know.

Thanks again,
        Teresa

Comment

Vasili:
          I have two domains on my account as well. I don't feel I have the time to mess with manual installs of Wordpress so I used the Fantastico! and it worked great.
          Now that I know the updated versions will not automatically appear is troubling.
          Installing a newer version can really be risky since all my data could be lost.
          I need to have a separate install on my other domain now and I needed it yesterday.
          Can you uninstall the one I have done myself with Fantastico! (Mobiusman.com) and do two separate manual installs for me on each of my domains?
          How much would you charge?
          Domains: Mobiusman.com and Antiattitude.com

Thanks.
          ...David

Quote:
          Although it is easy to install WordPress using Fantastico! it usually limits your installation to an older version, which requires you to manually update the version (something that seems difficult for many to accomplish on their own). This is why I usually recommend that if at all possible, you manually install WordPress from scratch yourself, as the newer versions have the auto-update feature to assure you that your version will always be up to date with little or no effort on your part hence.
          > Additionally, installing templates (free or premium) over Fantastico! installations is unnecessarily more complicated than over manual installations, negating the motivation of using a Fantastico! installation in the first place.
          David is the Mindset Immunity Mentor - www.Mobiusman.com

Comment

Please submit all requests via my website (www.ProWebsUnlimited.com) for immediate consideration. Mention that you are a VodaHost client for additional savings and expediency.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X