Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with this site?

Hi,
    Can anyone please tell me why this site takes so long to load and anything else that appears wrong with it. www.beachcombercruises.com A friend of mine built it and has rencently left the company. I am hoping to be able to fix the problems for them.
    Thanks in advance.
    Awaroa

Re: Whats wrong with this site?

it load up good on my pc, only one picture on the bottom part its mising....
    sigpic
    Live and Let live
    www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
    www.discoverpopotla.com
    www.villadeflorencia.com
    www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

I have to agree with raganok looks good and pulls up fast on my end same thing missingphoto on bottom.

Jim
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply Raganok. I have broadband yet it still seems to take a long time not only for the home page but the others as well. On dial up I just gave up after 5 minutes.
        Did you look at the other pages?
        Yes theres a few images missing that need sorting out.

Comment

yes i went tru most of the pages and well i have dsl connection maybe thats why its seems to be ok on my pc, and naghosthunter thinks the same so maybe its your connection...
          sigpic
          Live and Let live
          www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
          www.discoverpopotla.com
          www.villadeflorencia.com
          www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

I am starting to think it may just be internet speed in general in New Zealand as others here have said thats its very slow loading. Hmmm...

Comment

Awaroa, I have medium speed broadband in Aus. (and I believe we are a little slow) and I found it to be fairly slow compared with other sites. I would have left, if I was on dial up, but I can't see why it is slow. I checked your images and they weren't large. only checked home page because it was slow. Sorry I can't help though.
              Sandra

Comment

1. Remove the parentheses from your Page Titles (i.e., {Scenic}, etc.). You should not use characters other than period, semi-colon ":", spacebar "|", or amphersand "&" in any page title or META entry.
                2. Re-set your background AS a Background, not as an image
                3. Trim a few of the Key Words entered on the Index page off, as they do not relate to Content, and remove the trailing comma after the last word
                4. Double-check all your links for interior navigation.
                5. On each page when open in Blue Voda, on your keyboard hit CONTROL + A simultaneously to highlight every item on the page --- your way of discovering if there are any "leftover" elements that should be deleted (sometimes they might be under other objects, but the corner tabs will be visible to indicate this).
                6. Re-publish each page using the newest version of Blue Voda, so the server resolves any underlying issues (remember to give the server at least 15 minutes after each page is published to retain the new settings before wondering why the view is not "fixed"). Often the original connection predicates how the page is "processed" for page views, so a cleaner publishing session may improve page loads as well.
                7. Clean your page cache to reveal the new Page View, and check your browser settings to see if it is "hanging" due to the selection to not cache pages upon visit.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili has lots of good advice there but one other thing I've noticed (especially being on good old Kiwi snail dial-up) is that the images you have in your header are reloading slowly every page, suggesting that they have been renamed for every page and are being reloaded everytime as a completely new image.

I checked the picture of the guy in the rowboat (you?) on 3 pages and instead of having the same name they are images BV01078, BV01081 and BV01065. So BlueVoda is renaming them for some reason.

I set my common images up as a template to get around this but I'm not sure if there are other ways of doing it.
                  www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                  www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                  www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

I highly recommend using this for all your pictures. It will greatly increase your load speed. It takes your images and greatly decrease the actual file size thus decreasing load time and ITS FREE! It keeps the file integrity intact (wont distort picture and keeps original file as well as the resized one)

USE IT BEFORE YOU PUBLISH YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!

Comment

Thank you very much guys for all your helpful answers. Looks like I have a bit of cleaning up to do now.
                      No, thats not me in the rowboat. I don't know who that is come to think about it.
                      Thanks again,
                      Awaroa

Comment

Hi, sites looking good, but as previous post say the images are not very web friendly. This is more so on the last 3 pages on the site (Top right image is a bad one). But also the gallery page is extremely slow as it runs at several meg. Would be best either spreading it over a few pages or using a different method to the light box.

Good luck.

PS, there is something at the bottom of the pages requesting a plug in with fire fox & fire fox dosnt seemed to have one so is left blank. Not sure how this is with other browsers besides IE.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X