Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for Feedback

Hi there -

I've got the framework of my site up and I'd love some feedback. I'll be adding content over the next several days, but I'd love to hear what folks think about the navigation, how the page loads, whether I've set up links properly, etc.

www.cmashmusic.org

Cmash is an organization that, among other activities, promotes the work of living composers of contemporary classical music. So eventually, I will need to do some learning about how to put multiple music files up on the "sounds" page. I wonder whether it's better to use a flash mp3 player from an outside service, or whether I should use the wmp buttons available through bv. Any thoughts on that?

I really appreciate any advice that comes my way. I've found it extremely helpful to read through the forum while putting the site together. This hosting service is really a cut above anything else I checked out. So thank you very much in advance for being such a cool community!

:) Ann
    pocketmug******.com

Re: Ready for Feedback

The layout looks great. I would center the pages in the browser...that takes the look up a notch. To do this go to View, Page Properties, check "Center in Browser" check box.

Great job! You are off to a wonderful start.
    HalaalPages.com
    FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Hi, nice fresh looking site. The only things I could see that would be worth a look is
      http://www.cmashmusic.org/Bio%20Photo.JPG as a thumbnail needs to be down to about 10kb. It’s at around 500kb at the mo & a bit slow loading.
      The other thing that would be worth changing is set the pages up via the properties as it will look off centre in some browsers. IE: Build the site from the left of your BV screen & not the centre. Then use the widest item on the page to centre it on the screen. Yours seems to be 980px for the largest item, & check the centre in browser box in page properties.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Well done! Congrats!
        Very nice example of light colours to be used to please our eyes!

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Yes, simple and nice looking. Good start

www.bluelemonstudio.com

Comment

Oh my gosh thank you all so much! I cant believe how kind and helpful people on this forum are!

I was wondering if it was better to center my pages in the browser, and obviously the consensus is that centered is best. I shall change that asap.

Also, some of the photos definitely need to be resized, and they all need a bit of editing in general. The ones that are up now are place holders until we get better photos taken of the core group.

A paypal button is up to my second in command - he's in charge of everything financial. So as soon as he gets the account set up I'll put donation buttons all over the place :)

Thanks again, and I'll post here when I've made more significant changes.

All the very best,
            Ann

Comment

Hi Ann,

I really like the look of your site, the colours are great. Can't wait to see it as you get more content.

One thing I noticed is that the rollover colour on your press button is different to the other buttons. It is darker and browner. One other comment on colour IMO the page with the blue border is a shade too light. I would try the blue that you have in your circles (logo) Although you have used light colours most of your page borders have more saturation of colour. This one popped out at me as being a little too light. Don't forget it is only one opinion as we all see colour differently.

BTW I agree, it is a great forum and I have learnt so much from all the generousity here.
              Sandra

Comment

While you add the content make sure you have a meta description and meta keywords. As well for the page titles. the site looks good would be better centered.
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                X