Linking bookmark to text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking bookmark to text

I have read a lot of the forum, I have done the tutor viedos have link iframe and made bookmark. I am missing something, you see when I link the iframe the info box is always present, so now it takes up space and not plesent to the eye. I have bookmarked the page, just what I want. Only problem is the bookmark opens in a new window not on the same page. If I change code the site opens new page and goes to bottom left corroner. I know it must be simple because I am not getting it. All I want is when I click on the text awindow opens with the text I want, but it does not show till I click on the title text. Just like a drop down but not right under the text. Looking for help please and thank you.

Re: Linking bookmark to text

it may help if we saw the problem, send us a link
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I am trying to take this page and

have this under the text title
      http://www.rockcrusherchurch.com/webelieve.html
      and only come up when click on the text.
      than I wish to do the same to a new text under the first text and have the same results in the same window just different text, that pops in with out leaving the current page

Comment

sorry you lost me at the bakery. i have read 5 times and still do not understand what you are trying to do. anyone?
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Well I guest I try a little hared to explain:
          I have my webpage; and on the web page I want to click on the "we believe" text. After I click on that text I want a text window to open with what we belive. My problem is I open on a new page and not on the same page were I add my bookmark.

I don't know how much beter to explain it.

Comment

when i click on the link above it brings me to the home page and on that page it has "We believe" prayer link. when i click on that link it brings me to the We belive prayer so it would appear that the link is working. now you have We believe prayer set up to open a new page with a book mark. where is the page for the We believe prayer. it is not necessary to use a bookmark tool if all you want is to link to the "We believe" prayer - just link to the new page and if you want to open in the same window use the _self option. if you don't have any links on the "We believe" prayer page how will your visitor get back to your home page. i think you should plan out your site a little more.
            do not hesitate to contact me if you need some more help here
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

You are only telling me what I all ready know. I don't want the me believe pray to open in a page of its own, hence no links. in stead I want it to open in a drop down iframe (on the we believe page with all the links) thats apears just below the text. I am very thankfull that you take the time to look I only wish you understood what I am trying to do.
              If you look at this site:

when you firs look there is no box under the text then click on the "call to serve" and on the same page just under the text apears the information. than click on the text above the call to serve and new text apears in the same window and on the same page.
              hope this explains what I want to do again I want that on my page at:

Comment

Hi, are you looking to have this page “webelieve.html” open under the text “What we believe” on your about us page when you click on the blue text link “What we believe”
                If so! You need to place an iframe on the page under the “what we believe” text.
                Now click on the iframe to get to the properties box & name this iframe if1. Now place a url of the 1st thing you want to see when the about us page opens. (Maybe an image) But this must already be on your server.
                Now to make your we believe page show in this iframe after clicking on the link, you will need to highlight the “What we believe” text & add a url page link from the insert hyperlink button. When you have the properties box open for this, you can enter the url http://www.rockcrusherchurch.com/webelieve.html & then type in the target box if1
                Now press preview & click on the what we believe link & it should show in the iframe.

What you are doing isn't a bookmark.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, I agree with your idear. I tried that but the iframe is always visibile, can the ifram be hidden till I click on the we believe text? I done it that way before, than my other choice was to clnoe the first site and have clone open with the iframe. I just thaught it was possible to keep first site page active.

Comment

You can't do what you want, there is no such thing as a dropdown iframe.

You have two problems:
                    1. You had not defined the "what we believe" link target, that's why it opens in a new page
                    2. You don't have the frame there.

What you ask for is possible but through Ajax, and it is really hard to explain and achieve through BV.

The Iframe can be made invisible: select No border and No scrollbars.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i think i understand your desires now. see if this will work for you. go to

click on the we believe link and you get the new page
                      if this is what all i did was use the about us page, linked the "We Believe" to a new page and put the we believe prayer in place. this way no iframes or special coding etc....
                      hope this helps.
                      mrmagoo144
                      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Mrmagoo I have all ready did the clone page and add the iframe looks as that is where I have to leave it.
                        navaldesing idea of removing the boaders was more pleasent to the eye.
                        Still will BV have a invvisable iframe? one that becomes visable when clicking on text. Either way you help me alot thank you

Comment

Originally posted by matt34452 View Post
                          Mrmagoo I have all ready did the clone page and add the iframe looks as that is where I have to leave it.
                          navaldesing idea of removing the boaders was more pleasent to the eye.
                          Still will BV have a invvisable iframe? one that becomes visable when clicking on text. Either way you help me alot thank you
                          As i said, this is achieved if the iframe is set NOT to have border or scrollbars.

Usually, to make it completely invisible, the initial page that opens in the iframe should have the same background color as the main page.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                          X