Playing WMVfiles in Window Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing WMVfiles in Window Media Player

I have added video files to my website, in a WMV format. I choose to insert the Windows Media Player available in BlueVoda to play these files. Everything works fine, except if the are viewed on a computer that does not have Windows Media Player as the computers default player, the video file will open in the computers default player, such as Quicktime. I thought that by inserting a Windows Media Player element in my web page, the video file would actually be playing from within my website, not on the viewing computers default player. When the default players plays the file, the player is located within the same spot on the web page that I inserted the Windows Media Player element. My question...Is there a way to force the video to play through the Windows Media Player element I added to my web page, and not use the viewing computers default player?

Thanks,
    Rich

Re: Playing WMVfiles in Window Media Player

Rich

No.. even if they dont click to download it, it still downloads to their temp files. It has to in order to hear or see it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Playing WMVfiles in Window Media Player

Hi Karen,

Can you describe what the Windows Media Player element I am adding to my website actually is? Is it just a specific size box that use the viewers Windows Media Player to play within? Or, is it an acutal self contained Windows Media Player?

Thank you for your time in answering this issue!
      Rich

Comment

Working...
      X