Problem with Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Form

Forms on my site have been working fine for many months but I've just noticed one of them is apparently haywire, although I hadn't made any changes to it.

I'm using BV 10.1 and made the forms earlier this year using ABVFP2 (thanks, George!). The form in question, after being submitted, sends me to the error page with note "Illegal Form Submission". (Note: When I test the form via browser while in BV, it works fine and I get the 'success/thank you' page, as I should.)

Here's link to the form: Form

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks much.
    Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Re: Problem with Form

As i see it, the only reason can be that you have mistyped the form URL in the ABVFP control panel.

This can also be a missing http:// or missing www in that field.

Check it
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, George. I triple-checked in ABVFP control panel and it looked fine. I noted that all forms' URLs in ABVFP end in .php, as I believe they should. However, just for fun, I changed the faulty form's URL in ABVFP to end in .html and tested it. Now it seems to work perfectly.

Any thoughts/comments?

Again, thank you.
      Steve
      www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

BUT if your form page URL ends wih html, WHY you had set it to be .php in the ABVFP cp ?

I mean, ABVFP expects to see the correct extension (which was .html) . You had it set to .php and this is the reason it was giving you the error message.

The Form URL is not something that is "expected" to be, it MUST be your actual form URL.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much. I found that the page property for that form was set to .html, hence it was published as such. But the form URL in ABVFP had a .php extension. I've now corrected and it appears all is well.

But, just for my clarity: Does it matter whether I publish form as .html or .php, just as long as the form URL in ABVFP has matching extension? I thought, for some reason, forms were supposed to have their properties set to .php?

Again, thank you, as usual.

Steve
          www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

Forms are supposed to be published as php ONLY if you use the Built in Form Processor. Since this processor is in php and is embedded in the page, the page needs to be php.

With ABVFP this is not necessary.

However, i always advise to publish ALL pages as php. This is because, if in the future you want to add some php script in the page, you will not have to change the page extension.

Changing page extension might damage your page ranking if it is done after Google (and other SEs) have ranked you.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Great input and advice. Thanks!

Steve
              www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

Working...
              X