java script problems with allwebmenuspro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java script problems with allwebmenuspro

I am having a problem adding a java menu with all web menus pro.. has anyone use this program to design a menu and get it to work within BV? please explain the process

Re: java script problems with allwebmenuspro

Perhaps if you post a page with it on there and we can see the code.. we can tell you where you are going wrong?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

the test site is www.test.citywideleases.com

Comment

When building the meue and saving it is built into a folder name of your choice.
        that folder and contents should be upload to your server in a place where you want. then in the script you have to put the route to the .js file which is inside the folder you uploaded.

Code:
        <!-- DO NOT MOVE! The following AllWebMenus linking code section must always be placed right AFTER the BODY tag--> <!-- ******** BEGIN ALLWEBMENUS CODE FOR menu ******** --> <script type="text/javascript">var MenuLinkedBy="AllWebMenus [4]",awmMenuName="menu",awmBN="656L";awmAltUrl="";</script><script charset="UTF-8" src="[COLOR=red]../[/COLOR][COLOR=red]menu.js[/COLOR]" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">awmBuildMenu();</script> <!-- ******** END ALLWEBMENUS CODE FOR menu ******** -->
        the high lighted in red should read the route to the js file yours does not.
        now if you you just uploaded the folder staight on you the public_html then this should read src="menu/menu.js" or if you have may different menus and keep them all together in folder it might be src="menufolder/menu/menu.js" once you have done this corectly it will work.
        the script above should be place in the page html under the begining of body tag. when done right should look something like THIS best viewed at 1024
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I have done this and I am getting an arrow on the page.. any clues??

Comment

I beleave this is still wrong src="awmdata/menu.js" when you save the menu it usaually makes a folder the same name as the js file in this case menu, then in this folder you will have a folder named awmdata (which has all the images in 7files in). and a file named menu.js . so you upload the menu folder including it contents then the code would be src="menu/menu.js" that way the menu.js file know were everything is.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

still having problems... any ideas will be helpfull. i am getting abrowser error" *****t menu.js notinited"

Comment

ok when you made the menu you must off saved it as a AllWebMenus(.awm)

if you send that file to me plus a copy off your page then i'll have a look see.
                Just go Here and send it off.
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

You also have to upload the folder. BV wont auto load the files needed for the menu like it does pictures. You have to ftp that folder up with blue ftp or use cpanel file manager to upload it there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello,

The suggestions of the other users are correct. I also tried to view your page but i found that you have not uploaded the menu's script file in your server (or at least in the correct folder).

In order to resolve any problems and issues you might have with AllWebMenus Pro or any other program of Likno Software you can send an email to Likno's customer support service at support [at] likno [dot] com.

Regards,
                    The Likno Team

Comment

Working...
                    X