Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my site please

HI all,

I've recently taken over the developing of our Estate Site, I've never done anything like this before. I'm trying to achieve a sophisticated look, so any comments welcome. http://www.boschenmeer.net. There are a few things I also want to find out how to do -

1. how do I publish all my pages at the same time.
    2. how do I set my logo as a background - one single image.
    3. some of my links (edit post) don't work. I have ftp'd them but they can't be viewed on the webiste e.g. Architectural Guidelines - am I missing something.
    4. I have noticed that when I view my website, the menu buttons have images on, how do I get rid of that and make them look like real buttons.

anyway any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Re: Review my site please

Hi,
    1.cant be done with BV (one page at a time)
    2.Via page properties. View>page properties>background tab.
    3.Architectural Guidelines shows fine at this end as a PDF file. (little slow to load.
    4.With this particular menu, you can only change the colour & not create an image of a button. You can change it, but will changing all menues & all links on the site.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You have a nice looking website. Some points worth considering:

- it takes forever to load on dialup
      - if you have javascript disabled then your menu disappears. You need a word based menu (say at the bottom of your page) for people like me.
      - Your menu sort of disappears into the content and headings. You need some way of making it bolder or having a coloured background when it pops out over your content.
      - the menu also needs to be carried over to all the other pages
      - the big mustard crescent at the top of your page needs to be smoothed out a bit. The edges are a bit jagged.
      - I think it is a mistake to put your email address in clear text as it just makes it easier for spammers. There are lots of ways to make it more secure, just depends how much work you want to put into it.
      - the link to your email at the bottom of the page "Site developed and maintained by Barbara Kerr (BMHOA)" has a blank in the email address that needs to be removed
      - I'd also remove the visitor counter. You can get that info from CPanel so it is totally redundant
      - You also need to define the size of your pages a bit better. Your home page and some of the other pages have tons of white space below the bottom of your page.

Very nice start though. Keep it up
      www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
      www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Looking Good. I did not view everypage as it is too slow for my connection but your page about management & staff needs some editing.
        1. '.......has changed in Sept 2007' Remove has.
        2. 'there is no longer an management.....' Change an to a
        3. The style changed when talking about the office staff - not only from the rest of the page but also in the one sentence. You may want to use something like this 'The office is managed by....with....taking care of accounts and ....on reception.'

As Muzza said some of your pages are much too long. It not only spoils your design it could annoy some people when they keep scrolling and come to the end of the blank space. Your bird photo's page finishes exactly the right length. So IMO I would go in and play with the page lengths until you get each page just right.

I think you are well on the way to achieving your aim. Just a little more polishing and tweaking. Good Luck and enjoy, it always seems to show.
        Sandra

Comment

Hey,

I love the color coordination, but the curv you have does seem jagged as if blown up in size. Also yes the page lengths could be shortened. Here's my suggestion:

Try to keep all the pages with the same header. The way I do mine is once I've saved the index page and published it, I then change the text of the content and ad images. Then "save as" whatever I want to call the page and then publish it. It'll create a seamless transition from one page to the other.

Hope this helps.
          "Don't let fear of failure be greater than your desire to succeed." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X