PDA

View Full Version : WordPress Software.

Friend107
10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <http://wordpress.org/> blogging software and I was wondering if my account supported the following:

PHP 4.3 or greater
MySQL 4.0 or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module

Thanks! Friend107

Karen Mac
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Yes.. if you check your cpanel ...fantastico you will it there ready for you to install.

Karen

Friend107
10-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Thank you, what a great service here. I only wish I could build my website the same. I am having second thoughts on this. I am finding it very difficult. Maybe my 63 years does not help. I sometimes feel that there is a gap in some of the advise. I would like to see a simple checklist that would cover all. As some of us are really green. Thanks again.

Karen Mac
10-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Well theres no such thing as a SIMPLE checklist that would cover all of the possibilities. Perhaps if you spent some time in the tutorials you could make note of your check list and follow thru.

We were all really green once, and you have to just keep at it and keep reading, theres NO way we can cover every single step. If you search on the forum here.. David has put together a beginners step by step tutorials and then there are the voda tutorials as well.

Karen