Reply To: Address and Junk Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply To: Address and Junk Mail

I created a form using the built-in form processor, so I don't know how much code i can manipulate, but what I want to accomplish, is for the recipient to receive the mail with the reply-to address of whatever the person entered under email when they submitted. At the moment the reply to address shows as the recipients address, so if they tried to reply to a contact form, they would just be sending an email to themselves.

Also, this might be related to that problem, but the contact submissions are being filtered to the junk mail when I use these forms. Could this be because the emails are coming from the recipients own address? Doesn't seem to make much sense but it's possible.
    Jacob Hebert
    Lake Conroe Real Estate

Re: Reply To: Address and Junk Mail

Originally posted by jacobhebert View Post
    I created a form using the built-in form processor, so I don't know how much code i can manipulate, but what I want to accomplish, is for the recipient to receive the mail with the reply-to address of whatever the person entered under email when they submitted. At the moment the reply to address shows as the recipients address, so if they tried to reply to a contact form, they would just be sending an email to themselves.
    If you use the Form Wizard you no need to manipulate any code.
    You just fill in your email adress(and other fields) and a copy of the form data is sent to you and the client.
    See these Visual tutorials(correct sample form) or view the 3 video tutorials here
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Ok I followed the tutorial to compare my form to the standard form and the difference that made the difference was the Encoding type (I had it set to multipart/form-data) So when I changed it, that made the difference, so thanks David!

However, when I received the now correct form submission, it still went to my junk-mail folder, which is the case for everyone in my office. Has anyone else noticed this or is this probably a result of our spam filters?
      Jacob Hebert
      Lake Conroe Real Estate

Comment

It is a very common problem as scripts sent with php scripts very often finish in he spam folder, especially with Yahoo and Comcast.

One solution would be to use PHP mailer which uses SMTP authentication so it goes through most validations, but that requires a bit of knowledge.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh great! The one thing I don't have. Anyway thanks for your help, I'll look into it.
          Jacob Hebert
          Lake Conroe Real Estate

Comment

Working...
          X