Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create introduction page which lasts for couple seconds

hi,
    i want to know how to make introduction page which lasts couple seconds and then takes you to the home page of website.that is when someone types my domain name i need a page to introduce to subject of my website
    thanks

Re: how to create introduction page which lasts for couple seconds

You make a page for your intro as your index.html, it will give your intro, redirect after 5 seconds (or whatever you want), then carry on to the rest to your site.

To redirect here is the code you need. (I assume you are using dreamweaver or the like because you arn't posting in the BV forum)

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="(TIME UNTIL IT REDIRECTS); url=(PAGE TO REDIRECT TO)">

so it will look something like this

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=site.html">
    After whatever page this is in loads, it will wait 5 seconds then load the page called site.html

So when someone goes to your site....
    www.yoursite.com >> loads index.html (shows intro) >> page redirects >> loads your site (the main part of your site).

Hope this helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thanks
      but i am not using dreamweaver.i am making my site using blue voda site builder.
      can that be done with bv?

Comment

Originally posted by maxjon
        thanks
        but i am not using dreamweaver.i am making my site using blue voda site builder.
        can that be done with bv?
        Copy the code given by Watdaflip. in BV open your introduction page. Go to Page HTML. Click on "BETWEEN HEAD" Tag. Paste the code in the window. Make the time and site changes. Close the window. It's done
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval Design, do you have any time to work? You seem to spend so much time graciously helping others with your vast knowledge base of BV. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RPW
            Naval Design, do you have any time to work? You seem to spend so much time graciously helping others with your vast knowledge base of BV. Thanks.
            Well, sometimes i get a rest from work wandering in the forum.....
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks a lot
              but
              where it is url=site.html
              how do i write?
              cause i made some mistake and i messed up.instead of writing in page html i wrote in one of the marquees
              i have deleted that page temporarily
              but if you can answer my question i'll appreciate.....
              is it www.xyz.com=mypage.html
              or
              url=mypage.html
              or url=www.xyz.com/mypage.html
              please

Comment

well,no problem .
                i figured it out
                i had to put http://
                I AM SO GLAD I AM HOSTING WITH BLUEVODA AND VODAHOST
                ITA REALLY WORTH TO BE WITH YOU GUYS
                THANKS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Comment

Working...
                X